Man survives crash

-

speedyb-cc

speedyb
Reaction score
This happened in Tulsa OK, he actually survived hitting the truck which was going down the interstate. They estimated his speed at well over 120.

head in truck.jpg

motorcycle.jpg

head thru door.jpg

I do believe that he is Signal 7 (dead). Otherwise they would be working on him.

I saw this e-mail go around a month or 2 ago and it said he died. I think Yellowdartdave is right. If he was alive they wouldn't just let him hang there to take pics.

In my earlier days, I backed off when I reached 165 mph in a 77 Trans Am, I've rafted many class five rivers, I've kayaked on many swollen rivers, and I've rappelled many mountains including one three hundred foot straight drop, but it only took me one time to lay down a motorcycle and skin my arms, back, and a** to know that one time was enough. Car and truck drivers do not look out for motorcycles. I'm older and wiser and I ain't ever gonna get on a motorcycle again. I'll find my thrills elsewhere.

I am very sorry for this man's family and loved ones.

In my earlier days, I backed off when I reached 165 mph in a 77 Trans Am, I've rafted many class five rivers, I've kayaked on many swollen rivers, and I've rappelled many mountains including one three hundred foot straight drop, but it only took me one time to lay down a motorcycle and skin my arms, back, and a** to know that one time was enough. Car and truck drivers do not look out for motorcycles. I'm older and wiser and I ain't ever gonna get on a motorcycle again. I'll find my thrills elsewhere.

I am very sorry for this man's family and loved ones.

I too did allot of crazy stuff when I was a kid that I wouldn't even think about doing now.

I wouldn't say all car and truck drivers don't look out for bikes. I always do. A few yrs. back when I was working down in St.Louis I was going across 270 and coming up on road construction and looked in my mirror to see if I could move over. I saw a guy about 1/4 mile behind me on a bike and I could tell he was going extremely fast but I believe he would have had plenty of time to slow down since I was going 50 but I just stayed there and let the idiot go by. My guess he was probably doing 120 or more. One problem with bikes are so many kids that ride them go extremely fast. Even if you look out for them if there going 100 mph. faster than you are you could nail one.

A couple of years ago I witnessed a motorcycle/ full sized Blazer accident. I was driving down a four lane road (55mph limit) in the right lane when a full sized Blazer pulled out from a driveway in front of me. To avoid me he pulled to the left lane. Just then a kid on a GSXR 1000 blew past me, right into the back of the Blazer, dead center. Well the bike stopped, but the kid proceeded through the back window, through the front window and landed about 150' in front of the Blazer. They figure he was doing about 150+ when he hit the back of the Blazer. The bike put a nice crease up to the back seat of the Blazer and the kid was pronounced dead at the scene.

"where are his shoes?"

In a high-speed accident, peoples' shoes get left behind due to inertia. The accident victim's body accelerates so fast that his feet simply pull out of his shoes (even if tied tightly) and the shoes remain at the impact site.

Having been a motorcycle mechanic from 1984 to 1995 (with a year off as a auto mechanic), I've seen bikes come back to the dealership in a week looking just like that one.

A lot of people just don't realize how fast a sportbike can really be and how easy it is to get over your head. Imagine 0-60 in 2.61 seconds and 0-100-0 times rivaling the Bugatti Veyron, a million dollar car, all for less than 12 grand, plus a top speed electronically limited to 186 mph which can be easily defeated.

Affordable perfomance like this in the hands of an intoxicated, inexperienced, immature show off is a garuanteed disaster. It takes years and years of experience on many different types and makes of bikes to handle one of these machines safely, not to mention the maturity to make the right choice at the right time.

There's a time and place for "spirited riding", but it's not at 2 am on a public highway coming home from a bar. Kids on sportbikes pulling these stunts as well as so called "trick riders" give all bikers a bad name.

Ram,
Were you a motorcycle mechanic here in Denver? I worked at BMW of Denver and Foothills BMW.

Slanted,

I worked for both Redline Motorcyle Service and Illinios Kawasaki in (of course) Illinios. When I first moved to Denver I worked for Motorcylce Tune until he continually bounced my paycheck. I had an offer from both Motorcycle Tune and Fay Meyers, Michael Mangum of MT offered me more money to start so I took it. Bad Idea. I quit and started in telecom/IT in late '95 humping cable at Coors Field. I've been in telecom/IT ever since and just work on my own stuff now.

How did the BMW dealers treat you?

Both shop had their own issues , good and bad (just like everwhere...lol). I just got tired of working Saturdays and avoiding getting run over on test rides! I still do some work in my shed...

I just got tired of working Saturdays and avoiding getting run over on test rides!

Used to hate that Saturday stuff. I wanted to ride, dammit!! lol!

I always rode as if I were invisible to everyone, and for the most part I was. Having that attitude had saved my life more than once. Too many cagers with cell phones these days. :angry7:

Almost getting run into oncomming traffic by a guy in a Taurus playing a trumpet as he was driving was the last straw for me! I do not ride much anymore...I just do not enjoy it.

Almost getting run into oncomming traffic by a guy in a Taurus playing a trumpet as he was driving was the last straw for me! I do not ride much anymore...I just do not enjoy it.

Holy crap!!! Freakin' idiots. Hopefully Darwins law will eventually come into effect and remove that peckerheads genes from the planet.

illl stick to harley, look good without having to go 150mph

I've ridden just about everything. American, English, Italian, German and Japanese. It doesn't matter what you ride, it's how YOU ride it. For Pete's sake, whatever you decide on, take your time getting to know the machine. We'd like to see you here for a while. 8)

I've ridden just about everything. American, English, Italian, German and Japanese. It doesn't matter what you ride, it's how YOU ride it. For Pete's sake, whatever you decide on, take your time getting to know the machine. We'd like to see you here for a while. 8)

Well said.

-
Back