Mancini Driveshaft

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a driveshaft from Mancini?

On the same topic does anyone know the correct length for a 71 Duster with a 727 and 8 3/4?

I bought one from Mancini once, they source them from a company called Victory Driveshafts. It was a nice piece.

I bought an expensive one, it was about 250-300 dollars several years ago if I remember correctly but was a CRO-MO piece. They have a kit now you can order and have welded up yourself to whatever length you need that is much cheaper.

Driveshaft should be about 45" c to c.

FSM calls for one at 44.99 IIRC.

My 71 Duster with a 904/8.75 was 48.90" and that trans is about 4" shorter than a 727, making the DS longer.

I turned codfish onto these guys. They'll build whatever you need up to about 50", with yoke, and any ends you want 1310, 1350, 7260, 7290. They are local to me, race circle track stuff IIRC, and do nice work.
--------------------------
For a driveshaft, contact these guys. Speak to Joel.

ALLSTATE DRIVESHAFT 760-228-1127

They have an e-bay store. I got one from them, shipped for $250. NICE piece.

codfish

I've got 44.5 on my mine.

Your right crackd, my apology's.

I looked threw some old scribblings of mine and found those, but now I just went outside and measured mine, which btw was a cut drive line.

how much?

I need to get one for my 4spd 8 3/4 108 wb w/7290 joints

I`m showing these specs for a 108" wb car with an 8.75 rear with 7290 joints. Length is measured from center to center of joints.

For a 318/340/383 car with a 4spd. -48.60" length and 2.75" diameter

For a 340/383 car with 727 auto -44.88" length and 3.00" diameter

If you can ,set the car on the ground and install your yoke in the end of the trans, pull it out about an inch and then measure for your driveshaft from the center of the trans yoke to the center of the rear end yoke. Let us know what the measurement is so I can know what numbers in this book are true and what are bs. HTH.

I went to Pat's Driveline here which is a big company, I have the smaller u-joints so to get a new slip yoke and weld on ends and have it built I'm looking around $450 Canadian.

Even with Mancini ones they should be a bit cheaper with shipping. Need to find a price on a new yoke for the 8 3/4 with the larger u-joint and the u-bolt style retainer.

Just waiting on a shipping quote to see if it's feesable.

Little confusion though after looking in my Mopar catalog and Mancini's site. On a 741 case how many splines does the pinion have? I want to replace the yoke with the style that takes u-bolts rather then straps.

Also contemplating keeping my 7260 joints and having the shaft retubed and saving some cash but I jsut don;t like those straps

Codfish lives in Canada and it was $250US shipped including yoke, u-joints and the shaft...

Call Joel. and see what he can do for you.

Just waiting on a shipping quote to see if it's feesable.

Little confusion though after looking in my Mopar catalog and Mancini's site. On a 741 case how many splines does the pinion have? I want to replace the yoke with the style that takes u-bolts rather then straps.

Also contemplating keeping my 7260 joints and having the shaft retubed and saving some cash but I jsut don;t like those straps

Mancini sells the u-joint girdles too, just drill out your existing yoke. It works on the same principle as the u-bolts.

I run straps.

Those girdles look really nice, until your driveline gets into an extreme angle condition, then they destroy everything nearby, u-joint, yokes, driveshafts.

I stick with the straps or run U-bolts if possible.

Wow, never heard that before. I`ve never had any problems with mine but then I`ve never had the driveline in an extreme angle. Then again, not many things will stay together if the angle is too acute.

I priced one out at Mancini, they told me 10 days to 2 weeks and i have to pay shipping from Iowa. Got one locally two days later for less money, from the same place that does DTS's drive shafts.

-
Back