Mancini Ignition Modules

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any of you running the Mancini version of the orange ignition module? How does it do? Thank you drive through.

Please tell me this is for the 400 under your bench...

The 400 under my bench is a Ford. The Chrysler 400 is on the engine stand. No. It's for Vixen, which will remain a slant six.

All that I can say is some Orange Boxes don't start life as Orange. Don't ask how I know.

THe ones I am talking about are the Mancini boxes for like 45 dollars. They had a REAL cheapo orange box for like 8 bucks, but I wouldn't try that anyway. The 45 dollar one seems to be the only one now and that's the one I am talking about.

i bought some of the $5 boxes they were selling at Carlisle years ago and they said they were only good for 5000 rpm.As luck would have it my Mopar Orange box failed so i used a $5 one until i sourced a better piece.It performed fine until i replaced it!
That car is gone now but my latest build (stock 340) has been running a $10 Rock Auto piece for 4 years now and i don't baby it...go figure!

THe ones I am talking about are the Mancini boxes for like 45 dollars. They had a REAL cheapo orange box for like 8 bucks, but I wouldn't try that anyway. The 45 dollar one seems to be the only one now and that's the one I am talking about.
I’ve got a MP orange box I’ll sell you for the same price. Pm me of interested

Rusty, I have the Mancini Orange Box. It works great, but I have only had it for a couple months.

with all the issues with those boxes, i ran a GM 4 pin HEI module on my slant. sprung for the Petronix version with the rev limiter

Hey Rusty Rick Erenberg sells some blue mopar box that is supposed to run good to like 6500 or 7000 rpm. Not sure if it is a good box but haven't heard any bad reviews about it either.

Hey Rusty Rick Erenberg sells some blue mopar box that is supposed to run good to like 6500 or 7000 rpm. Not sure if it is a good box but haven't heard any bad reviews about it either.

Yeah, I've seen um. Thank you.

-
Back