mancini xhd springs

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys, is anyone running the mopar xhd springs from mancini. i just got mine in the mail and want to install them today and noticed that the two springs are not built the same. one set has all the springs pushed to the front. is this normal? they both have the same amount of springs. sp they didnt send me superstock by accident. i will post some pictures later when i get home. thanks for any help.
-aaron-

aaron, i have those on my '64 and they are the exact same way. i forget the name for it but yes its normal.

Yes perfectly normal. The right (passenger) spring has about a 1.5" lift (compared to the left spring) to compensate for the 'twist' the car has when you stomp on it off the line. That's why the leaves are arranged differntly.

If you don't want the right side higher then the other, either flip the right front hanger or buy another left side spring.

thanks guys. i thought only the superstock springs sat crooked like that, i didnt know the xhd springs were like that too or i probably would not have ordered them. oh well. i guess i will run them. they should help with all the torque my slant six is putting to the rear axle! hehe

thanks guys. i thought only the superstock springs sat crooked like that, i didnt know the xhd springs were like that too or i probably would not have ordered them. oh well. i guess i will run them. they should help with all the torque my slant six is putting to the rear axle! hehe

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

here are some pics of the springs also.

P5092158.jpg

P5092164.jpg

P5092170.jpg

P5092171.jpg

I have the Mancini XHD springs and the two are identical and the car sits even with them installed. Here is a picture of my car with them installed.

IMG_0810.jpg

I would say from the pictures that one was built backwards.

hmmm well. crap. that sucks. i just installed them today. i guess i could pull one side and flip the springs. i saw on other sites that they list a different part number for each side so i assumed they were different.

I would call Mancini's tech line to check it out if that gives you a piece of mind. Just my 2 cents.
Matt

I see what your saying now. here are the ones I ordered from mancini, yeah it does look like they were put together backwards like stated earlier.

springs.jpg

well i called the tech department at mancini's today. all the guy could tell me was to put the biased spring on the passenger side. which i already new. he then rambled off part numbers, which i already new, and when i asked him about how mine are built goofy, he repeated himself about the right one being biased. so he wasnt much help. i did find these pictures on bigblockdart.com though that look just like mine. the passenger side even has the bottom leaf flipped 180 degrees. oh well i may leave them for now. i can always flip the leafes around later.

Slantscamp
I have the XHD springs from Mancini on My Dart.
Same thing with the unequal springs.
But I don't see any problem with the car sitting funny or anything.
It rode pretty high to begin with but they "settled in" after a few weeks and I like the stance now

I would take the time to flip them around so that both look like the one with the short 1/2 leaf pointing to the front spring eye. It will only take a few minutes, even if you already have them installed it won't take long.

Mopar springs are designed to have the stiffest part of the spring between the axle and the front eye.

The big block B body cars and the SS springs bias the passenger side by adding an extra leaf to the passenger side not with leafs pointing in opposite directions.

thats what i will eventually do. i dont know if my car sits level because one of my spare tires i threw on it ended up being low on air.

Listen To H22a4, The Springs Are Made That Way Due To The Torque Whan The Car Lifts On Launch

No the springs aren't made that way. That's a manufacturing defect.

The B & E body springs had an extra leaf to the front for the passenger side the A-body springs are supposed to be identical (ie. no left or right).

-
Back