Manifold Dress Up.

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
I'm putting this in here because while it is about a part of the engine it's more about how to make that part look pretty rather than work well.

Okay, my question is about how to make my slant six Exhaust manifold look better than it is. Since it's the factory manifold i'm curious if there is a special way to clean/paint it even though it's cast iron.

thanks in advance.
Tiny

dont know if it is what you are wanting to hear but i pulled the manifold of my wifes 72 dart when i put the new engine in. All i did was throughly clean the manifold with a pressure washer and degreaser. i let it dry for a day and then i painted it white with the duplicolor high heat paint (white is just a personal preference) They also have a higher heat, i believe about 1200 degrees is what they advertise, they have all colors they even have aluminium i think that would look really good the lower heat white has held up very well and this car has been on the road for 6 months now there may be a better way but for 10 bucks its hard to beat if you want a picture let me know and i will figure out how to post one of her engine Justin

Yeah i'd love to see what yours looks like. I'm just in the process of detailing my engine bay and i's like to make my tired old manifold look a little better.

You could also powder coat it along with the valve cover to match and pick up a few aftermarket chrome bolt-ons.

2.JPG

03.JPG

6.JPG

hi tiny valiant sorry i havent got the chance to put those pictures up yet. i will get it done tomorrow

What ever you do do not powder coat the exhaust manifold.It will last for about 30 seconds.

I have had very good luck with eastwood high temp paint.I like there factory gray.I painted a /6 manifold with this and it lasted as long as I had the manifold.

www.eastwood.com

-
Back