manifold questions

-

highflyer

Reaction score
the manifolds im using are 3418623 right and left 3614368..the 623 has a raised flange and the 368 is a flat.surface..both are supposedly off the same car and year..was this how mp shipped the car or did left and right have the same raised or flat surface..supposedly by the book,this car calls for gaskets on both sidesany help or ideas on this..im uing them on a 73 duster ex slant car...thanks..j

Hey highflyer, I have these manifolds on my 73 318 Dart. What engine is in the Duster?

iv got them on a 360..the guy i bot them from said they were from a 340..the book says 71 duster or dart 340...im trying to get some info on these from the exhaust gurus..how do they work out on your 318...the actual 318 manifolds that came on these cars are somewhat smaller in port size..but look the same.im trying to find out what the mating number manifolds are .that 318 should breathe better with these on it,..jim

After I bought the manifolds I ordered an exhaust system from Accurate Exhaust in Roseburg, Oregon. Their web site is Accurateltd.com. They're kind of pricey but the fit was good. They have the complete exhaust system for 67-74 A-body BB/SB with a diagram showing everything. These manifolds from what I understand were used on 71-74 340s. The Rt. passenger side is 318 size and the down pipe uses a ball-type flange so no gasket needed. The Lt. drivers side is 340 size and uses a gasket for the flat flange. Back then I ordered the head pipes and over-axle tail pipes with turn downs and used my own mufflers. The exhaust shop I took it to didnt want to bend and fabricate the down pipes saying it was too tight in there and I would need a mini-starter (which I bought later anyway) and an oil filter relocation kit. They were full of it, so I ordered the down pipes separately and they fit like a glove, no problems. I couldnt tell if the new manifolds helped much since I went dual exhaust from single at the same time which made a difference. I rebuilt my engine a couple of months ago with 920 273/318 heads and the drivers side manifold developed a bad exhaust leak, but the passenger side was fine. I bought some Remflex header/manifold gaskets and we replaced the cheap Felpros on the drivers side and it sealed up the leak beautifully. You should have no problems with the 360 since should be the same size ports as the 340.

-
Back