Manifolds gasket

-

n3w6uy

The Valley Ant
Reaction score
So I've got my manifolds off and the only thing between the two is a little metal "gasket". This doesnt seem right, there should be an honest-to-god gasket of some kind between the two am I right? I'd hate to get everything off and clean and painted and just have it get sooty again before i know it.

I assume you have a /6. A single metal gasket is all the factory put between the two.

Yes on my 225.
Seriously? will a custom cut one improve anything, or simply make it impossible to put back together. Or do nothing either way

just clean the surfaces and put a metal one back in, or you can see if felpro makes one, needs to be out of header gasket type materal cause of the heat.
But the factory used that metal in every /6 with no problem!
good luck!

www.pentastarparts.com.au has the gasket you are looking for. They call it a hotbox gasket and it is a composition gasket that is graphite impregnated. Costs around $11 plus shipping. You can use PayPal or major credit card. They also have the intake/exhaust gasket made from the same material. They seal really well and so far they are holding up good on my Valiant. Takes about a week to get them here from Australia. Hope this helps.

-
Back