Manitoba guys, question for you

-
Hi Darren I had mine done two years ago by a guy named Ralph at Auto Ressurection. He specializes in the old cars and Mopars. A great guy, but it also depends on how much you want to pay for a body job. Here is what mine looks like then and now. Here is his website:

http://www.autoresurrection.ca/

Mark

Attachments

• 67dartgt01.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC02385b.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC03167.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 166
With paint still on the car you will never get a quote even close to what the finished price will be..
It takes me two years to do a car because I let them go home for a year and let all the body work sit and let any shrinkage happen.
I have a 67 R/T clone coming back this spring to get finished up after sitting.

I'll tell you one thing is that good materials cost $5000 to $7000 for everything you need to do the kinda job your looking at...At least that's what it been when I do a car here in town.
Just ask ifitsgotwheels what he spent at Rondex for the little bit of work I did to his car...
When you get a quote ask if that's the NO EXCUSES price...
and remember...if it doesn't sit there WILL BE SHRINKAGE...who ever you find will do their best to keep that to a mininum...educate yourself...look at as many cars as you can and decide what you can live with as far as a finished product.
Go see Marks car and everyone else's car that has recent paint...educate yourself...

With paint still on the car you will never get a quote even close to what the finished price will be..
It takes me two years to do a car because I let them go home for a year and let all the body work sit and let any shrinkage happen.
I have a 67 R/T clone coming back this spring to get finished up after sitting.

I'll tell you one thing is that good materials cost $5000 to $7000 for everything you need to do the kinda job your looking at...At least that's what it been when I do a car here in town.
Just ask ifitsgotwheels what he spent at Rondex for the little bit of work I did to his car...
When you get a quote ask if that's the NO EXCUSES price...
and remember...if it doesn't sit there WILL BE SHRINKAGE...who ever you find will do their best to keep that to a mininum...educate yourself...look at as many cars as you can and decide what you can live with as far as a finished product.
Go see Marks car and everyone else's car that has recent paint...educate yourself...

Darren listen to Rob he knows what he is talking about. Good thing about Ralph is I have head my car back there 3-4 times with paint issues, and he always fixes them up without any hassle, or money exchanging hands, at all. He runs a fair business and does a good job. Bill (MoparLvr) can fill you in about details as well, both our Darts have visited Ralph a few times for touch ups.

Thanks guys. Rob, Bill, Mark.

DMK looked at my last project. And I was trying to have a few ball-park type numbers thrown at me from HPI in beausejour, but Tyler's disappeared on me.

Rob - Are you affiliated with a body shop then? (edited)

Thanks,
Darren
DSC_0176-1.JPG

Darren listen to Rob he knows what he is talking about. Good thing about Ralph is I have head my car back there 3-4 times with paint issues, and he always fixes them up without any hassle, or money exchanging hands, at all. He runs a fair business and does a good job. Bill (MoparLvr) can fill you in about details as well, both our Darts have visited Ralph a few times for touch ups.

Rob - Are you affiliated with a body shop then? (edited)

Thanks,
Darren
DSC_0176-1.JPG

I work for myself...

I do complete cars...top to bottom..front to back..everything...power train,int,paint and body...
not just any car a select few get my complete attention.

Rob

Hi Rob. Thanks for the advice (again).

Would you recommend a company in Winnipeg based on your experiences? I'd be after just the body done and reassembled (including glass). I'd do mechanical and interior/wiring and trim stuff.

A couple of the guys mentioned auto resurrection. Who would YOU recommend? PM or email if you'd like?

Thanks
Darren

I work for myself...

I do complete cars...top to bottom..front to back..everything...power train,int,paint and body...
not just any car a select few get my complete attention.

Rob

I don't think that anyone in this town has spent the money that I have on paint and body in the first 20 couple years that I've been doing this car thing.
That's why I started to do it myself...
I know a few guys who would do the kinda job "quality" that I was looking for but it was ferocious money...then when I finally bit and payed stupid money there were excuses after it was finished...
I know two guys and a third guy that is just WAY TOO SMART for the average customer...
I have to run but I'll finish up this post when I come back

Rob

Oh crap...I completely forgot about this thread...did you find your shop?

Hi Rob,
I just now am coming out of the fog induced by the nasty flu everyone seems to be getting. I haven't really had the energy to call and discuss this with you, or see some of the cars some of our generous board members have invited me to see.

I'm still in the process of "maybe" securing a project.

I'm also toying with the idea of painting it myself. That in itself is probably due to the dizziness and fatigue induced thought processes going on.

Once I get it together.......

Darren

Oh crap...I completely forgot about this thread...did you find your shop?

The only thing I can think of if that you drop that Demon off at my place and this will free you up the space to do the body work yourself.....

So dude, where's the build thread on your project? At least show off photos of parts?

Well I'm not much for posting up pictures, even my wife says I should at least be taking some for myself. I do have new camera sitting here so I should try get some and I'll post them.
As far as doing a build thread I really don't think this is the site for it, although I love Mopars I have no brand loyalty and will always use the parts on my projects that I want. This car will end up with a Ford 9" rear end,some kind of 5 or 6 speed trans and could have a Chevy, Ford or Mopar engine...just depends on what I feel like doing.
I already have an RMS front and rear suspension to go in it and have ordered up brakes from Kore3 which are Vette based parts. I have put a new AMD floor in it and have it tubbed, the spring boxes are moved in and the frame connectors are done.
Over the next few weeks I hope to have the roll cage mocked up ......if you want to come and check it out your welcome to, I only live 15min for you....then I don't have to take pictures.

talk to merle in morris at morris autobody....seamless and fast..if dou dont mind not seeing ur car for afiew months talk to ron at west end autobody in morris ive had paint work from both and ron laid black pearl on mine with zero orange peel...depends where your located tho

Here it is

Attachments

• PC170003.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 90
I've seen first hand what another from Morris did to a poor little cuda I bought......Brunet? Can't recall his first name

Thanks for the post. Do you have photos of what Ron or Merle did?

talk to merle in morris at morris autobody....seamless and fast..if dou dont mind not seeing ur car for afiew months talk to ron at west end autobody in morris ive had paint work from both and ron laid black pearl on mine with zero orange peel...depends where your located tho

wheel tubs

Attachments

• PC170004.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 73
Shall I email before I show up? Seriously, that's an options I can't refuse.

Well I'm not much for posting up pictures, even my wife says I should at least be taking some for myself. I do have new camera sitting here so I should try get some and I'll post them.
As far as doing a build thread I really don't think this is the site for it, although I love Mopars I have no brand loyalty and will always use the parts on my projects that I want. This car will end up with a Ford 9" rear end,some kind of 5 or 6 speed trans and could have a Chevy, Ford or Mopar engine...just depends on what I feel like doing.
I already have an RMS front and rear suspension to go in it and have ordered up brakes from Kore3 which are Vette based parts. I have put a new AMD floor in it and have it tubbed, the spring boxes are moved in and the frame connectors are done.
Over the next few weeks I hope to have the roll cage mocked up ......if you want to come and check it out your welcome to, I only live 15min for you....then I don't have to take pictures.

Spring boxes

Attachments

• PC170007.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 71
Back view....look for the cage

Attachments

• PC170011.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 67
Side view...what cage?

Attachments

• PC170006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 86