Status
Not open for further replies.

'71 Dart Custom

Advocate of the Slant
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have been driving my '71 Dart for over a year now with a broken brake booster. A booster for a '71 Dart with a /6 has become a rare item apparently. Over the last 3 years, I've repaired mine twice and last year it broke for the third time and I can't fix it. None of the parts stores can get it and the company who used to rebuild them can't even get the diaphragms anymore. I'm tired of trying to find one (can't afford to buy it if I found it at this point) and I'm sick of having to put both feet in the pedal to stop. If someone has a manual brake pushrod lying around, I will gladly buy it and pay for shipping. I used to have a '60 Bel-air with manual drum brakes. I had no problem stopping that battleship, and I'm sure I'll have no problem with manual brakes on this little A body. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

here is one with a rubber lock still in good shape

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 106
IF you can,find the master with 15/16 bore set up for disc brakes. It will be easier to push the pedal than larger bores

I have the manual brake rod out of a 71 valiant if you haven't got one yet and I think I have it posted on here somewhere.

Thanks, everybody for your responses. I think I have one coming soon. Just have to get a money order in the mail Monday. Sorry I haven't posted sooner. Hectic weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back