Manual crank sunroof

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a complete roof off a duster.

I got a complete roof off a duster.

Just out of curiosity, what are they going for? I've got a friend who has a rusted out Duster with the manual crank metal sunroof who's looking to sell the roof. I've no need of it with 5 early a Bodies but stuff like that is always great trading/selling material.

I would be interested in a roof section if its complete. How much and can it be shipped ?

Not interested in buying the whole roof, but would buy the complete cartridge. What I need the most right now is cables to get it functioning.

Are your cables broken, missing or just hard to crank? I had to soak cables,as well as the crank and wheels, PB Blaster for about a week to get mine to operate smoothly.
On the headliner side of the roof panel, I found a date stamp of Jan. 12, 1973. My scheduled build date was Jan. 26.

The cables themselves are in real good shape, but the plastic guide's are cracked and a piece broken out of one.

Here's a pic...

Topview.jpg

I would be interested in a roof section if its complete. How much and can it be shipped ?

It is complete, cut off at the base of pillars.450.00 will have to be truck freighted. 3034524709 john

The cables themselves are in real good shape, but the plastic guide's are cracked and a piece broken out of one.

Here's a pic...

I may be able to help you out. This '73 Dart Sport has most of the sunroof tracks and cable still mounted. The roof panel is dented and most of the panel mounting hardware is gone, but it appears at least one guide is still attached to the cables:

Pics087.jpg

73dartsport.jpg

I will look for whatever you need and take pics on my next trip, if needed.

Casey

Still looking, anybody else?

I did get your PM, but haven't been back to the yard- hopefully this Saturday.

I saw over on Moparts that you got your working again. I will check for the clips and adjusters, but I think I grabbed and sold those a few months back. I do know the tracks are still in the car- do you need/want those anymore? I will look for the crank handle, but I'm 99.9% sure it's long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back