Manual or Auto. valve body??

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
hello all, im currently building my 70' 340 duster into a street/pro-street car & have a quicky question. The car currently has a manual reverse valve body on it with a B&M pro stick & buckets from a 71 Duster. I have a parts car with a mint colum shifter & the delux bench seat with the center console out of another 70' duster. I would like to run the bench/colum setup to give the car an original sleeper look. What would you do? Keep the buckets? Or go with the bench/colum setup? Keep it manual reverse or go with a auto. valve body? Opinions? pros/cons? Im all ears at this point.

The car is a 70' duster with a built 340/340 J's ported & polished 292 solid purple cam 727 3400 stall M/R valve body going back to a 489 cased 8 3/4 with 4.10's & a locker.

Im planning on running the cal-tracks, mini tubbing it & moving the springs inboard, also having the rear narrowed 1 1/2" on each side.

Thanks alot, Bigmac.

Well I am bias, like the total control and I would stay manual. But is yours one of the good low band apply manual VB's? If you put in in LOW and say get up to 35 and let of the gas does it engine brake or free wheel?

You can get them in standard and reverse patern, got make sure for your safety it has low band apply. Talk to John at Cope transmission. He will fill you in.

You can of course make a good full auto VB too, but the most controll is a manual.

it is your call like blonde or brunette? Both are great...

My '70 duster is factory bench seat ,column shifted 904,with a full reverse manual valvebody,interior is total stock looking until you see the rollbar..i love it..

djwhog, I too like having total control over the tranny. Im not sure what valve body it has in it. It is the reverse pattern tho, I really like it. (Reverse pattern).The guy I got it off of said it was a "good" one & he spent alot of money on the tranny. Mine Free wheels in low. Is that the good one?

340srule, Do you have a problem shifting with the stock column? Missing 2nd accidentally? Did you have any problems with the linkage or did you have to tweek it a little?

Thanks for the replys, Bigmac.

-
Back