Manual shift kit advice

-

999yards

Reaction score
The search function doesn't work on my phone.

Recommended manual shift kit for 727? I assume one with some type of band apply. I do want the forward manual shift.

Not sure if it matters but torque converter is a 9" PTC with a 3500 stall engine is a 408.

Best part is, they'll stand behind it. Good guys to chat with and can answer any/all of your questions.

You will have to send them yours for a core.

You could also just get a Transgo kit and do it yourself. Keep in mind you may have to change some other parts in your trans as well, if you upgrade the valve body and use a higher line pressure.
Rear band apply piston and spring
Amount of front clutch springs.
Front band apply lever
Front band apply strut.
Be prepared to have the valve body out a few times if you encounter a shift ( gear) overlap problem.
Sometimes it not just as easy as bolting in a new VB

Yup, that's a good option, just more work, lol. A bit less money, and then hope it's done correctly.

I almost screwed up the one I did.

Never had an issue in my stock rebuild 904 and turbo action valve body. Mine did not have low band apply though, makes a difference in the 1-2 shift as far as overlap.

True, they are messy to do, A&A offers valve bodies from stock replacement to racing applications, and many in between. I'd like to purchase more stuff from A&A direct, but their International postage rates are terrible.

Never had an issue in my stock rebuild 904 and turbo action valve body. Mine did not have low band apply though, makes a difference in the 1-2 shift as far as overlap.
That's because your's is a 904, and we are talking about a 727.

Same valve body 904/727 Cheers Tony

Not the same internals... That's why Transgo recommends the restrictor plug for the front clutch in the 727 and not the 904.
You should only wink when your being clever :)

-
Back