Manual steering gear swap.

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
I have power steering on my 67 dart right now that I took off a 72 318 car. I want the steering to be a little more firm and I’m thinking about putting a manual box in it. What box would I need and where do I get one? Or is there anything I can do to make my power steering more firm? Also thinking about putting my cheap summit headers on and I’m assuming a manual box would give me more room? Thanks guys

I have power steering on my 67 dart right now that I took off a 72 318 car. I want the steering to be a little more firm and I’m thinking about putting a manual box in it. What box would I need and where do I get one? Or is there anything I can do to make my power steering more firm? Also thinking about putting my cheap summit headers on and I’m assuming a manual box would give me more room? Thanks guys
up the caster in the front end. it will increase steering effort AND improve high speed stability.

To change to manual steering you will need the manual box and a manual steering column (it is longer than the power) and a different coupler (different size geared hole). There is also a steering column adapter but it is pricey, so it's probably easier to find a manual steering column.

We offer manual steering boxes is stock 24:1 for quick ratio 16:1. Do also offer the adapters to retain your stock power column. As a member of the forum you are also eligible for the members only discount and free shipping. Here is a quick link to what we offer for your specific application:

PST | Close Ratio Steering Box | Fast Ratio Steering Box

Thanks
James From
PST

-
Back