Manual Steering Shaft

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a manual shaft out of a 69 Valiant...... it was in a running , driving car at one time. I DO NOT HAVE THE MANUAL COUPLER THOUGH, ONLY THE SHAFT. 30.00 PLUS SHIPPING.

Well, I dont need the coupler anyway. Does the 69 a body shaft have the same measurement on the length. I cant remember when they changed to the bigger collumn. I saw a 67 dart and it has the key in the dash with the smaller collumn. If the 69 is same as 71 you have a deal. My zip is 39042 , figure the shipping and let me know, Thanks!

69 shaft is different from 70, because of the locking column. no whole in it for the pin to go into.

Do you know if they are the same length? I will see if I can put the hole in it.

Hey yellow1, I'm no expert on these steering shafts...... I restore cars for a living and I've seen many different things on cars, anyway it is highly possible that there is a big difference between the 69-70 model cars, as for like Dave is saying in 69 the key is in the dash, and in 70 it's in the steering column..... so big possibility it is different, But I'm not sure, as I have never had a 70 and newer column apart before as most of everything I work on is 69 and older type vehicles. As for drilling a hole in the column..... It would have to be exactly as original, I'm not saying it CANNOT be done but I would be very careful. I'm not you, but I would not attempt it myself. I would continue to look forward for the exact piece you need!! Just my 2 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back