Manual to Power Steering

-

1PSilva

Ok so first off lets establish that I am a dumbass and bought the wrong steering column on ebay.

I have a 73 Duster that was a column shifter with power steering that I converted to a floor shifter. I bought a steering column on ebay and when I got it I realized it was the floor shift model as I hoped for but it's manual steering! What can I do here?

What You Can Do Is Find Another Column. Or, The Column Is Collapsable. Which Means That You Can Disassemble It, Once You Have The Shaft Out Youll See That It Has Two Small Holes With Plastic In Serts In It. You Can Drill These Out. Then Gently Tap The Shaft To Extend It To The Desired Length. Some Guys Will Weld It In Place. What I Have Done Is Redrill The Shaft Then Add Brass Pins. So That In Case Of An Accident The Column Collapses As Intended . I Hope This Helps.

I will trade you a power steering shaft for the manual-just shipping costs involved-let me know,thanks.

yep, get another column and make yourself the one you need. you may want to install the big bearing at the bottom while its apart. i did just like dart larry did and added small copper or brass tacks so it may be a bit stiffer than original plastic, but at least it will still collapse.

-
Back