[WANTED] Manual tranny,and parts for conversion

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only familiar and comfortable with OEM. I've done a number of A833OD conversions and have been happy. A really nice street setup. With a 340 in a 74 Duster you have plenty of power. I'd start scrounging 74 Duster parts to do it. Pedals, bellhousing, Hurst shifter. Is your 340 a cast crank or neutral balanced?

I'm only familiar and comfortable with OEM. I've done a number of A833OD conversions and have been happy. A really nice street setup. With a 340 in a 74 Duster you have plenty of power. I'd start scrounging 74 Duster parts to do it. Pedals, bellhousing, Hurst shifter. Is your 340 a cast crank or neutral balanced?

I believe it's balanced. But i will be re-building tge engine before she goes in my car. Currently I'm running a mild 318. The engine swap will happen w/ the tranny swap

I did a little checking and it looks like you could just use a 75 to 80 bellhousing, PN 3743859, double check with Brewer's Performance, for the "A" or "F" body A833OD and use 74 duster everything and it should bolt in and go. Try to find one with a 30 spline output shaft, a bit stronger. Are you running a 904 now behind the 318? The only thing else you should need is the 4 speed hump. You can even get them new. Have it welded in after you install the trans and shifter, to center it on the shifter in neutral.

I did a little checking and it looks like you could just use a 75 to 80 bellhousing, PN 3743859, double check with Brewer's Performance, for the "A" or "F" body A833OD and use 74 duster everything and it should bolt in and go. Try to find one with a 30 spline output shaft, a bit stronger. Are you running a 904 now behind the 318? The only thing else you should need is the 4 speed hump. You can even get them new. Have it welded in after you install the trans and shifter, to center it on the shifter in neutral.

I have a tci street fighter 727 right now. What cars had that 833od tranny

I have a tci street fighter 727 right now. What cars had that 833od tranny

I'm guessing 75 -76 "A" Bodies, Dusters, Darts, Valiants and 76 -80 "F" Bodies, Volare and Aspen. Most 26 spline output shaft A833OD were behind a /6. I assume 30 spline output shaft A833OD were behind 318's and 360's. I have one each, 30 spline and 26 spline, that has been rebuilt if you can't find one. I usually swap the large bearing retainer main case for the small bearing main case so I can use them without changing bellhousings. Trucks had them also during those years but they were long, same as "B" and "E" body cars. You would need a custom shifter adapter to use one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back