manual valve body to auto.

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Im wanting to go from a manual reverse valve body to an automatic & was wonderin if the valve body controlled the shift firmness? The car shifts hard as hell with the manual valve body in it now & I want to keep it that way just with an auto. valve body.

Forgive my pathetic knowledge of transmissions:read2:, im a little green on them as I always have a tranny shop do the work.

Yeah, the valve body controls shift firmness. don't, forget you need kickdown linkage with a auto valve body

It's nearly impossible to get a automatic valve body to shift as hard as a manual vb. The best you can do is install a Trans-go TF-2 kit and install a solid spacer to block the accumulator. I have that done on mine and it does shift real firm but still not like a manual vb. For a street car I wouldn't want anything more than this anyway.

It's nearly impossible to get a automatic valve body to shift as hard as a manual vb. The best you can do is install a Trans-go TF-2 kit and install a solid spacer to block the accumulator. I have that done on mine and it does shift real firm but still not like a manual vb. For a street car I wouldn't want anything more than this anyway.[/quote]

Thats what im trying to do, Return a drag car to a street car. The way it is now is too much for the street. I'll start looking for a auto valve body for it! As for the kick down, I think Lokar makes a nice piece for it.

Thanks guys, Matt W.

fishy68, thanks for the info. I'll look for a 71-73 valve body & see what I can find.

74Burntorange, sorry its a 727. If it was i would swap in a heartbeat!

-
Back