manual valve body

-

dartman340ta

Reaction score
is there any thing special to putting one in . i bought one from a fellow member (thank you bye the way cudaman51 ) getting ready to rebuild a trans today an wanted to no if theirs any special prep for one (ati compuflow reverse manual valve body )

You have to replace a spring, which should come with the valve body. Otherwise pretty straight forward.

Some manual VB's also require using a certain ratio front band apply lever, either 3.8 or 4.2. If you don't use the right one you may get overlap when shifting into 3rd. That'll trash a trans fast. You might want to see if you can find it on ATI's website and see if they have instructions.

i looked on there web site no instructions( spring where ) ??? accumulator spring???

Wish I could tell you Dartman but I don't have much exp. with manual VB's. It could be the accumulator spring or it could be a mod to block one of the springs in the rear band servo or even possibly a mod to the spring(s) in the front band servo. All may be needed or nothing at all may be needed. All depends on the design of the VB. Does ATI have a ph. # you can call?

i looked on there web site no instructions( spring where ) ??? accumulator spring???

dartman340: With the TCI full reverse valve body you should have (1 rear servo spring and 1 rear servo shim. The spring is large. By the way... What part number valve body do you have? I'm referencing # 121700. Hope this helps.

demon 416 email sent thank you all for your help ,trans are not my specialty but i am getting pretty good at doing them 30min to get the last one out have not but it back yet(here one for ya just a laugh ):toothy10: dont put a 3clutch 904 behind a 340 an 391 geared dart. one run down the road(hard pass) an barely made it back to the house lol smoke coming out the dip stick tube.:toothy10: just had to go for a ride putting /6 parts in a v8 case works but did not last long . i do have all new stuff in it now though 5 clutch drum an going to have full manual v/b , bolt in sprag .

demon 416 email sent thank you all for your help ,trans are not my specialty but i am getting pretty good at doing them 30min to get the last one out have not but it back yet(here one for ya just a laugh ):toothy10: dont put a 3clutch 904 behind a 340 an 391 geared dart. one run down the road(hard pass) an barely made it back to the house lol smoke coming out the dip stick tube.:toothy10: just had to go for a ride putting /6 parts in a v8 case works but did not last long . i do have all new stuff in it now though 5 clutch drum an going to have full manual v/b , bolt in sprag .

dartman340ta: Back in the day, I tried running a 904 trans behind a built 340.
Worked good until I hit third gear. BANG! Good luck with that trans project. My info. is on its way.

Like all things even the little 904 trans has advanced to the point of parts being available to make one hold up in 10 sec. racecars.

Like all things even the little 904 trans has advanced to the point of parts being available to make one hold up in 10 sec. racecars.
fishy68: You're right. The 904's work quite nicely today. Back then, I couldn't do much to modify one.

Yeah I know what you mean Demon416. There wasn't much out for them back then. We usually just took them out and tossed them and put in a 727 cause they'd hold up.

Yeah I know what you mean Demon416. There wasn't much out for them back then. We usually just took them out and tossed them and put in a 727 cause they'd hold up.
Thank God for technology! Everything is better today. But, I think through the years, we helped make a lot of those technical changes. Always wanting something stronger and more reliable. The stuff we have access to today, is just simply, great!

-
Back