Many Questions...

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an opportunity to get a 318 v8 with trans for my 73 duster. it currently has a 225 /6 in it, the price is right -FREE-

what all do i have to do to swap it out?? Ive heard that i can go with motor mount adapters, also do i need to change out the torsion bars if i keep it stock or maybe a mild build? I'm not sure wether it is a 727 or a 904, will either of them fit? Or will i need to cut out the tunnel? Also what would be an apporpriate size lift for a mild cam?

thanks a lot, any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Mr. 7DUSTER3

Good price. See if the guy has the V8 K member for free also then just swap it into your car if it came from an A boby or use Schumaker mounts. The 318 will more than likely have a 904 behind it and that will be the same as your 6. No cutting necessary in the tunnel. As far as your cam someone else better qualified will do that one for you. If i dont know i'll say so. Good luck.

By the way this free motor is out of a 85' RamCharger if that makes a difference, are shumaker mounts hard to come by these days i cant seem to find them anywhere. Can anyone give me a link???

Mr. 7duster3

MR.7DUSTER3 said:
By the way this free motor is out of a 85' RamCharger if that makes a difference, are shumaker mounts hard to come by these days i cant seem to find them anywhere. Can anyone give me a link???

Mr. 7duster3

Likely its a 727 then if its out of a truck. Probably a lockup trans though which isn't very good for performance from what i understand, not much for aftermarket converters. but keeps the converter from slipping when cruising down the road.

schumacher mounts are definately not hard to come by

http://engine-swaps.com/

i think 318s started to get roller cams around then, you might luck out and get a late 85'/early 86' or something. never know, that'd be a nice little bonus.

-
Back