Map Light: 70 Duster

-

John K

Reaction score
My 70 Duster came with the Light Package. The Map Light seems to be working opposite of the way it should. With the Map Light switch ON, the light turns on and off with the dome light. This happens when you open the door or turn the head lights switch all the way to the left. Both lights work together, either on or off. If I turn the Map Light switch OFF (when the two lights are on) the map light goes off but the dome light stays on. If I turn the Map Light switch back ON, the map light comes back on (but only if the dome light is on). If the dome light is OFF, I cannot turn the map light on with the Map Light switch. This seems backwards to me, I should be able to turn the map light on by itself, without the dome light being on.
What's wrong and how do I fix it?
Thanks

View attachment 1715535254

It might be on pink now...
I'll take a look tomorrow and see what my options are. You're thinking it's either on orange or pink but needs to be on yellow, correct? How many wires will I find in total?

Doug, this is what my switch wiring looks like. Also a wiring diagram that would seem to indicate it is wired properly. Any ideas?
fullsizeoutput_6678.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

-
Back