Marriage...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
How many of us are on our second...or perhaps third go around? My first attempt was 6 very long, painful years. Looking back it was a learning experience.....sort of like a training session for when the right lady showed up lol...

My first marriage lasted 2 years. I was married and divorced before my 25th Birthday. I don't blame my ex-wife, at all. She was a pretty good wife and an excellent mother. We're still friends today, through it all. My issue was her family. Everyday, all the time. Just not a healthy environment. She never remarried, though there was one or two serious candidates, but the family was still there. An artist who did a sketch of her one the beach during one vacation said she looks like a Bohemian Model. She was very pretty, and even at 64 years old, she still is.

We had one son, he was one when I left. He turned 40 last October.

I stayed involved in his life, and still do, even though he live nearly 1000 miles away.

Joyce, my second marriage, was perfect, in my opinion, Witty, smart, pretty, shapely, and out going. She readily accepted my first son, and she and Diane, my first wife, get along well, too. Her brothers and sisters are like my own. JOyce and I have 2 kids, a boy who just turned 34, and a girl who turned 29 in December. The three "kids" always got along wonderfully, too.

I was VERY lucky.

My first marriage lasted 2 years. I was married and divorced before my 25th Birthday. I don't blame my ex-wife, at all. She was a pretty good wife and an excellent mother. We're still friends today, through it all. My issue was her family. Everyday, all the time. Just not a healthy environment. She never remarried, though there was one or two serious candidates, but the family was still there. An artist who did a sketch of her one the beach during one vacation said she looks like a Bohemian Model. She was very pretty, and even at 64 years old, she still is.

We had one son, he was one when I left. He turned 40 last October.

I stayed involved in his life, and still do, even though he live nearly 1000 miles away.

Joyce, my second marriage, was perfect, in my opinion, Witty, smart, pretty, shapely, and out going. She readily accepted my first son, and she and Diane, my first wife, get along well, too. Her brothers and sisters are like my own. JOyce and I have 2 kids, a boy who just turned 34, and a girl who turned 29 in December. The three "kids" always got along wonderfully, too.

I was VERY lucky.

damn Frankie how old are you? :poke:

4th times a charm,til death do we part,so one of us aint making it out alive,prob be me going to spirit world 1st since I'm 14 yrs older than her,been 13 yrs and still going strong,got a damn good woman...the rest were just money grubbing self centered depositoy's...souless concubines

Just celebrated 30th with my second wife.My first lasted 10 years and the last 9 were pure hell.Kept trying to make it work for our 3 Sons but she was just too self centered and refused to compromise. My second wife has 3 Daughters and lost her 1st husband( my best friend) to cancer. This marriage has had it's bumps like all do but not only are we married we are best friends. She tolerates my car thing and I tolerate her constant need to redecorate our home.

Wouldn't change my first for NOTHING .. Do not know what i would do without her!

23 Years Married… I have known her since High School 11th Grade. That was a darn long time ago. 31 Years!

She let me run wild when we were younger to get it all out of my system before we got married! Lol

I'm on number 2. The first I lovingly refer to as "Broadzilla" because she destroyed every thing we had, did or tried to do. She ran off friends and family and spent money like it was going out of style. Pathological liar too. She lied her way into a great job, she managed to get hired on at General Electric working as a executive assistant. Had no clue as to what she was supposed to do. Screwed up thing is they kept her after they figured her out. She finally started going out with some of these "high end" guys behind my back. They figured out pretty quick she was a low class ***** and so did I. I left and never looked back. I met my wife, we own a couple of homes, have more cars than we have space for, and things are cool. My ex on the other hand, my son said she finally moved out of her mothers basement and in with her new boyfriend, who's on disability, in a run down single wide trailer.

#1 was young and dumb. Lasted a whole 2 years. Been living in sin with the current lady for 20 years, still ain't got married tho. I guess I have real committment issues..

Marriage, a just another form of slavery. I just don't understand why people do it. Read this

http://dontmarry.wordpress.com

Everybody is entitled to there own opinion..While I did not even click on the link you provided I know for sure that there is also going to be an article that is the polar opposite of it....after all it is the internet and damn near everything you find on it is open for interpretation....Slavery? Anything but here. If me maintaining her vehicle and property is slavery I guess you might be right. But then again if I lived her by myself I still would be maintaining a vehicle and the property. Sure she cooks for me, but then again she needs to eat as well....Can't imagine my life without Ernie.....

Irony of it all is I had no intention of marriage as I do view it as a piece of paper and a ring....if you want to be with someone you don't need those 2 things to do so. But, at least back then, she viewed marriage a bit differently than I did. But that has changed. If a divorce and living together worked out better for our situation that is what would happen...

ive been married for 10 years now (or 11, im not sure, ask her)
the other day me and her were talking about life without each others
she asked me what I would do if she ever left me and I said I would go crazy
then she asked me if I would get remarried and I said not that crazy

Everybody is entitled to there own opinion..While I did not even click on the link you provided I know for sure that there is also going to be an article that is the polar opposite of it....after all it is the internet and damn near everything you find on it is open for interpretation....Slavery? Anything but here. If me maintaining her vehicle and property is slavery I guess you might be right. But then again if I lived her by myself I still would be maintaining a vehicle and the property. Sure she cooks for me, but then again she needs to eat as well....Can't imagine my life without Ernie.....

Irony of it all is I had no intention of marriage as I do view it as a piece of paper and a ring....if you want to be with someone you don't need those 2 things to do so. But, at least back then, she viewed marriage a bit differently than I did. But that has changed. If a divorce and living together worked out better for our situation that is what would happen...
Kinda have to agree with you here, I don't babysit my wife. Don't feel a need to. She sure helps out alot with things. especially with raising my grand daughter. She never flinched when that came up. And we're of the same mind set, if having to get divorced and still living together turned out to be a better situation, then that's what we would do.

Timely post. I'm pretty sure my marriage is done, and the sad thing is, I don't even want to try anymore. It sure made it hard to pick out a valentine's day card when you don't really feel anything that's written on them. We've been together for over 10 years, married for almost 6. :(

will be celebrating our 30th in may.First,last and only...................................................Jeff

Wife's second, my first.

I think she figured it out.

I waited long enough and was picky enough not to have to learn that lesson the hard way.

8 years official in May, plus 6 exclusive before.

Both brutally honest, and not afraid to fart and laugh about it.

not too rain on yalls parade but in marriage, it is not about finding the right person, it is about being the right person

not too rain on yalls parade but in marriage, it is not about finding the right person, it is about being the right person

Not telling me nuttin I did not know.....My first marriage failed not because of her but because of me...Can not try to control someones every move without repercussions....

Cant help but chuckle when someone starts talking about troubles with there spouse on here. Some of the comments really make me wonder about some folks....almost like they refuse to accept responsibility for there actions....nothing wrong with admitting that you were wrong...

Still on my first, only and last. It's nothing like slavery, we love each other and grow closer ever day even after 20 years, sure it's hard sometimes but well worth it.

My first lasted 18 years, but ended when she realized the car thing wasn't just a phase I was going through. WTF? I was a car guy when we met, didn't see any need to change. She's been gone for 8 years now, have a live in girl friend that was one of my first girlfriends way back in the late 70's (ain't Facebook the thing?! LOL!) and she takes good care of me. We talk about getting married, but we're both divorced and are afraid we'd much up a good thing.

-
Back