Master cylinder adapter

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need some input. I'm about ready to start getting the rest of the parts for my brake system together. I'm putting a 440 into my 71 Demon, going to be manual brakes with the later model master cylinder. Running a solid roller cam. I have to use the master cylinder adapter and with having to adjust rocker arms I am thinking of using the offset adapter to gain a little more clearance for the valve cover to come off. My question I guess is if it will gain me much. As I've learned even a half inch with this conversion makes a big difference. Thank you for the input.

I need some input. I'm about ready to start getting the rest of the parts for my brake system together. I'm putting a 440 into my 71 Demon, going to be manual brakes with the later model master cylinder. Running a solid roller cam. I have to use the master cylinder adapter and with having to adjust rocker arms I am thinking of using the offset adapter to gain a little more clearance for the valve cover to come off. My question I guess is if it will gain me much. As I've learned even a half inch with this conversion makes a big difference. Thank you for the input.

There is no reason not to use one. It makes taking the VC off a whole lot easier and keeps heat away from the master.

Buy one and use it. You'll be happy you did

Offset adapter with a wildwood master. 1971 Demon with a 512 six-pack and solid lifters using crane roller rockers. 2 inch TTI's and the Schumacher conversion mounts. Valve covers come off with ease. Got my adapter from Mancini's a while ago. Car also has the wildwood front disc brake swap and rear drums with 10 x2 1/2 shoes from a diplomat.
Brakes work great.
Kenny B

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 185
-
Back