Master cylinder cover/gasket

-

shadango

Reaction score
Need to replace the master cylinder cover and gasket on my 72 fish....cant find one anywhere so far....figured I would go chrome while I was at it...

Any ideas for finding one? If I could at least find a new gasket.....mine is leaking and I cant proceed with bleeding brakes and such til I get one...

Thanks!

dude do you ever sleep LOL......did you tyr summit or jegs....I thought they have them...

LOL This is my new obsession!

Didnt try those two yet.....will do...and thanks!

Now if I could just find the internal steering column guts I need......or the correct this or that.....I guess these cars are an eternal search for parts, eh? LOL

EDIT: Just checked Summit/Jegs, they only have the cover for disk brakes....my car is drum all around

post a pic of what you need....Will an a-body one work...oh yea you wanted chrome...umm........Parts plus Part is 42076 it is a dorman part #,,,,like 14.00 just for the gasket....Get the cover chromed from cudachick

Will take a picture this evening and post it.....I checked the dorman part and mine looks different......both the front and back parts are the same size.....whereas on the dorman part they are different......theirs looks to be for a front disc car....

Chas, thanks for the referral -- you're a doll!

Shadango, I haven't done any in a chrome powder yet but this color is called Alien Silver (a very popular choice). Not the style of cover you're looking for, I know, but it'll give you an idea of how it can look.

Thanks...looks nice!

For now, just looking for the PART! LOL

Here is a pic I found online...an ebay seller......looks like mine...

manualdrummastercylinder.jpg

and then dorman's....they show the whole unit but not just the cover

UM75817.jpg

LOL! Wasn't tryin to sway your decision or anything. :-D I think the coating job on m/c covers is like a whopping $12 on the price list -- not exactly a bank breaker. I'll let ya know if I see one for sale.

I'm not aware of anyplace that sells just the MC cap. You could try a local auto parts store in the "Help" products section for the gasket maybe.

Also, you could take your MC cap to the local parts store and see if they can match it up w/ a rebuilt unit. Don't use the MC, but you could just use the cap and gasket.

This one looks like yours:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=10177+1607+4294964488+9182

Same one that's on my Demon and same part # for 72 Cuda

Chas, thanks for the referral -- you're a doll!

Shadango, I haven't done any in a chrome powder yet but this color is called Alien Silver (a very popular choice). Not the style of cover you're looking for, I know, but it'll give you an idea of how it can look.

Nice work CudaChick!

Shadango I have a rebuilt MC like that ,it was for My 72 Dart .
It was never used, I changed the whole suspension and braking system.
PM with an offer if your interested.

Thanks.....before I got your post, I ordered a reman unit from autozone only.....I figure for $16 I couldnt wrong.....the current one I have is questionable anyways......The cover would have been at least $10 by itself I am sure...LOL

The only thing I am wondering now -- should I have gotten the POWER master cylinder they have as well as the reman brake booster and upgraded to power brakes.

Oh well....my plan is to at some point go to disks in the front anyways.....so will wait till then.

-
Back