Master Cylinder Problem

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just purchased and installed a brand new, not rebuilt, master cylinder from NAPA. I bench bled it and installed it on the car. I bled the brakes. There is no more air coming out of the bleeder screws, just clear fluid. The pedal goes to the floor. If you pump the pedal, it comes up. Then if you release the pedal, it goes right to the floor if you push it again. Is this new master cylinder shot?

ive been a mechanic for many years, and ive seen many new parts that are no good right off the shelf....its a posibility...

I had a similar problem, the disc caliper had air trapped. I had to rebove it from the mount and using a c clamp to hold the piston in set the bleeder at 12 oclock...you'll be amazed at the air coming out...by the way, I had clear fluid when it was mounted on the spindle. :wack:

I had a similar problem, the disc caliper had air trapped. I had to rebove it from the mount and using a c clamp to hold the piston in set the bleeder at 12 oclock...you'll be amazed at the air coming out...by the way, I had clear fluid when it was mounted on the spindle. :wack:

-
Back