master cylinder upgrade and offset ?

-

Butch67

Reaction score
I need to switch master cylinders as I have gone from Disk/Drum to Disk/Disk.
I would also like to install one of the offset MC kits to get away from tall valve cover as well.
What is everyone recommending for this upgrade. Cost is somewhat of a factor but safety takes priority over all.
Thanks,

IMG_0748.JPG

Several members like the "Cloud Car" master cylinder swap because of the smaller bore giving better power and feel and they are slimmer. As far as an offset mount like the power boosters use I'm not sure how that would work out on a manual setup. The leverage advantage is lost...

Last edited:
They require a fitting change but are compact. 1990 Plymouth Sundance part#NMC1945

131945-rit.jpg

I forgot to mention the adapter and probably need the adjustable rod as well.... While looking for a rod pic I found an offset version that can give you ideas on how to move the master up a bit....

d-16211-366.jpg

ofset.jpg

It looks like going from a 4-bolt to a 2 bolt MC is the starting point. Most of the 2 bolt MC's that I have looked at appear much smaller in overall size compared to the 4-bolt that I already have. I don't really want to go as far as converting over to the hemi adjuster block and have to drill another hole in the firewall. I don't need much room to clear the valve covers as it is. A 1/4" should do the trick. I don't want to spend the 4-500$ on the SSBC MC to get the clearance, when I have other things to buy to finish the car hopefully this spring. I can always add it next year once it is on the road.
Thanks Mguner for the reply and help.

I just bought one of those master cylinders myself along with the new flair nuts. I just haven't decided which car to put it on. I've been sitting on the adapter plate for a few years.....

-
Back