Matching belts for fan/AC?

-

Patrick's74Custom

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to replace my belts for my 74 Dart. Dodge dealership wasn't sure what to order because they no longer make matching belts? Can anyone steer me to what I should replace my factory belts with. Thanks

I was wondering about this also ....... when I get on my car hard, it squeels like like crazy ...... normal take off or idling nothing ,,,,,,,was wondering if one belt slipping would cause this. Also was wondering if A/C unit would make a squealing noise?

If one belt is loose, in a pair of side-by-side belts, it will squeal under hi revving. You can over tighten the belts so the shorter belt is over-tensioned a little while the longer belt just attains the correct tension.

The next best thing if you can't get matched belts is buying two from the same manufactured batch lot. If you buy them from a high quantity seller, you stand the best chance of this as they have the highest turnover, so they should get larger batch stocks.

Thanks for the replies on my part .......I didn't know you could still get a matched set ........Monday's mission, call the Good parts stores and find a match set!!!

Need to make sure the pullys are lined up you can sometimes tell by the wear on the old belt if you need to shim an accessory.

Thanks for the replies on my part .......I didn't know you could still get a matched set ........Monday's mission, call the Good parts stores and find a match set!!!

Of course you can. Think of how many OTR trucks have matched belts. Trust me, the belt industry ain't gonna miss them sales. lol

Of course you can. Think of how many OTR trucks have matched belts. Trust me, the belt industry ain't gonna miss them sales. lol

x2
pgneq5.jpg

-
Back