Math Question

-

vynn23

Reaction score
Okay, my Dart originally had a 2.92 axle ratio. I've since swapped to 3.23's, but haven't changed the speedo gear yet. I believe that this means my speedo and odometer are approximately 10% off.

My question is this: When calculating MPG's, would I add 10% to the result to correct, or subtract 10% from the result? My tiny brain can't figure it out...

I eventually will. Just haven't done so yet.

Your odometer will think you are going farther than you actually are, so take 90% of your odometer reading when calculating MPG.

I have one of these in my Barracuda. Cheap, accurate, and plugs into cigarette lighter.
Amazon product ASIN B07FNHGRZ9
Well- i was trying to post a hyper link to a $37 digital GPS speedometer that is small and can sit on your dash. plugs into your cig lighter. Cant figure out how to pist the link.

Last edited:
I have one of these in my Barracuda. Cheap, accurate, and plugs into cigarette lighter.
Amazon product ASIN B07FNHGRZ9
Well- i was trying to post a hyper link to a $37 digital GPS speedometer that is small and can sit on your dash. plugs into your cig lighter. Cant figure out how to pist the link.
I just clicked on the picture and it came up. THANKS! I need one for my 62. That'll be perfect, I'll wire it direct with a switch (no lighter socket, lol)

-
Back