maunal vs. power steering with TTI headers

-

matarcher

65dartonly
Reaction score
my car came with stock manifolds with manual steering, 273 w/ 727 auto trans. im going a '77 318 and same trans. im putting the TTI headers on it. i want to go to power steering, but i can't seems to find any posts that have to do with this problem direct. here are the questions i have....

1. will a power steering gear box fit with those headers from TTI?
2. if so, can i use a stock power steering box or do i need a smaller after market one? where can i get it, etc?
3. if you have this set up on your car, can you tell me anything to watch out for or anything i need to do to make it fit and work correcly?

Thanks FABO for your help!

I am picking up my 1971 Dart GT from the shop today after they complete the install of TTI headers and full exhaust. The guy working in it had several issues which came up, but it (the Driver's side header) cleared the steering once he had the engine where it should be. I also bought a new mini-starter to accommodate the header as well.
Looking forward to driving it again, especially with the new gear on it.

Have a 70 Duster with factory P. S. and tti's on a 360. You want to have the ceramic coated. I had nickel coated ones and the heat was just too much. Got a leak on the steering shaft going into the box, but I don't know if it was heat related. Boiled my brake MC. Heard not so good reports on tti ceramic jobs. I had to send mine off, anyway.

-
Back