Max/Street Wedge Question Time.

-

gilgalad1138

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of standard bore 426 Wedge pistons today, and I'm having a little (ok, a lot) of trouble finding information on what size the dome on these is. All I've got is that the dome is ~ .200" tall, and they're stamped 2406649STD on the top. I'm assuming these are Street Wedge pistons, so they'd be around 11-1 compression, but I'm not sure. I didn't get a chance to see the block they came out of, or I wouldn't be asking this. All the guy said was that it was stamped 426HP on the pad.

Thanks in advance, I'm getting a hell of a headache trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• 20110331_004.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 20110331_002.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 93
yeah, the compression will be "up there" with those slugs. I couldnt even imagine those with closed chamber heads. you sure you want to use them?? they look weird for some reason. Look how far down the pin is. they gotta be heavy??? Id rather use a longer rod and/or more stroke and not have the tall piston.

I'll be using a worked over set of 452's with a thicker gasket, so I'm not too worried about it if they're the lower compression street wedge pistons. If they're the 12.5-1 max wedge pistons, I might have a problem. As far as the height, they're not too bad, the pic just makes them look funny.

-
Back