max tire size in 73 dart

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I am going to do a mini tub on my dart, but i want to put in some larger wheels overall. The 14" stockers just aren't doing it anymore.

What is the max size i can get in the dart, stock..without raising the car or whatever. accounting for suspension travel and all.
This applies to front and rear...i was thinking about 17"s..would this work?
I am going to upgrade the rear end, bigger bolt pattern as well.

Thanks guys

i have a 67 dart with mini tub and spring relocation. my wheels on back are 17x11 with 7in backspace. the rear tires are 345/45/17. they are 28" tall and 12" wide. fit with all kinds of room.

fronts are 17x7 with 4.75 in backspace and 225/50/17. they are 26 tall and 8 wide.

sliders019.jpg

rearend004.jpg

I love this stance. I am working on my 69' and am building a 400 platform street/strip car, so was wondering what rear end are you running and if it hooks pretty good with your setup. When this Dart of mine takes off, it'll be running hi 9's low 10's with the plan, but rear end is all a guess for me. I do not plan to back-half this car.

i have a 67 dart with mini tub and spring relocation. my wheels on back are 17x11 with 7in backspace. the rear tires are 345/45/17. they are 28" tall and 12" wide. fit with all kinds of room.

fronts are 17x7 with 4.75 in backspace and 225/50/17. they are 26 tall and 8 wide.

sliders019.jpg

rearend004.jpg

I just picked up a 73' from NM, gonna be a total tear down and build up (previous guy hacked at it bad, bolts missing in the font end, crossmember held in w bailing wire, etc..." paid a $1000 for it only, straight body, decent paint, has a 360 block.

My plan, is to change the front end to a 72 (used to have a beautiful 72' dart, show car, 318...wrecked her though)

I am gonna mini tub the rear wells, convert to disc, gonna move leafs in w a relocation kit, prob get a moser posi, haven't decided on gears yet, in between 3.73 to 4.11(dont' want it to be noisy at highway speed).
Tires i am thinking wide like this guys, not to wide though.

Engine is the fun part,i got a few directions i want. I have the 360 I can build, I have a 318 i can build..but I am leaning towards doing a new 3g Hemi swap (outta the new mopars 02' and up)...or a viper v10 engine.
want AT LEAST 400hp/400torque on pump gas. Gonna be bolted to a tremek 6 speed. buddy and mine have done some quick math and could see potentially 180mph outta this....not to shabby, scarry but fun.

few other things, but those can wait.don't wanna give out everything just yet. hehe

Also search the site, plenty of threads on this topic. All 67-76 wheel wells are the same, so tire size is universal. Accept for the Duster, which can fit a little more rubber under without a mini-tub. You'll find in your search that with a mini-tub and a 15x7 rim with a 6.5 backspacing, you can get a 12.5-13" tire back there.

Good luck, have fun!

-
Back