max tire size

-
I don't think the spring relocate will buy you much unless you move the inner fender well
255 or 265 x 60 x 15

Like Bill said with factory wheelwells it won't help,i'm mini-tubbin my Scamp and moving the springs in i'll be able to get 12inch wide tires under it.

I checked in my dart, the springs sit at the same place as the wheel wells, backspace from the flange to the spring and to the wheel well were both 5 7/8." To gain any more clearance you would have to do both, I would have to move the springs and minitub it. I measured 12" exactly between my fender lip and wheel well. If you put a perfectly spaced wheel, you could stick a 275/60r15 and have 1/2" of clearance on either side. But remeber, that is real tight and it may rub if you turn a corner hard! Also, the lower the profile tire, the less deflection you will have. A 17" tire with 40 series sidewalls on a 10" rim will hardly move at all.

if you move the springs and mini-tub it you can fit a 325-50-15. i have some pictures from a local track of a '67-'69 Barracuda with them under it. it was from the pics and the information i learned from the car owner that i decided to do the same to my '74 Dart. he was running 15x10's with those tires and an unnarrowed rear, just the spring relocation and mini-tubs.

tHERES A DART ON EBAY WITH 275-60-15S IN THE STOCK WHEEL WELLS USING JUST THE OFFSET HANGERS.

Sorry about the caps

I have the 27x10.5x15 hoosier qtp on my scamp .I used the mopar 3/4 kit all fit nice .I made this year new frt brackets and move the rear 1in back .I will be putting on 2756015 drag radials I think will fit no problem . the frt of the wheel well lip seems to be the major problem .i you are going to relocate into the rails move the rear back 1 in you will thank me later

i ran 26x8.5-15 Mickey Thompson ET Drag's on my '74 Dart in the stock wheelwells. they were mounted on Ford truck 15x7 steel wheels. my current '71 Dart has 255-60-15's on A/R 15x8 Outlaws in the back. the fit is perfect and they dont rub at all, but then i dont turn corners very fast either. i'm still suprised that the 15x8's fit!

if it works here are a few pics of my '71
dart12-17-06011.jpg

dart12-17-06008.jpg

the gas tank is in the trunk, i have a 12 gallon fuel cell in there. it's alot of fun watching people when i pop the trunk to fill up. gotta come up with something creative and usefull for the old filler hole. the back of my car is going to get lowered as well, those long shackles are coming off.

i have 255/60r15 on it now mounted on 15x8 cop wheels but it just wont hook so i was hoping to run a 26x10.5 slick what do you guys think. hey scamp 408 what back spacing do you have on your wheels and as for the wheel well lip i have alrady trimed mine off

I have centerline autodrag 15x8.5 with 4.7/8bs.stock axle width.I will put the 2756015on a 15x8 with5.0bs .Iam also putting new axles and 2.5 brks so that is why for the new wheels.

-
Back