May be a stupid question ?

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
On our Duster the metal fuel tube has always gone from the outside through the rear quarterpanel and then down into the tank ,by mounting it the otherway my fuel cap would sit flush to the body. question is, which is the right way of doing this ?

a pic would help, not sure i understand the question here. my gas cap is flush with my quarter panel.

Attachments

• fc1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 103
  • fc2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 111
  • fc3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 105
I don't remember seeing one that bolted on from the outside. All of my old mopars the filler pipe starts and ends inside of the trunk. Would some kind duster owners chime in please.

I stand corrected

HEY 73,

Thats the way mine looks but it doesnt seem that my cap seats in the body that well, I was just wandering if mine was reversed. may be I have the wrong cap. I will post some pics later today when I get off work.

Thanks, Bob

im sure you could mount your tube on the inside and bring the cap in some, if you really wanted to. it may throw off the tube angle some. im sure there are people that have done it. this is a 73 duster with 68,000 original miles that has never been altered in anyway. original paint, the whole 9 yards.

ok now im curious. let see some pics of everyones filler tubes (lol, ya ,right), dusters and dart sports, 70 through 76. i suppose it could have been done either way depending on the plant or the people installing these things. all i really know is mine left the factory having been installed from the outside.

Just take it out and move it to the inside! It will slide inside the rubber gasket in the tank so there will be no change in anything really! You will have to use bolts and nuts since the factory screws are threaded in the body instead of the flange like my Cuda.

Just say'n!

Mine looks just like the pics.. it would look better from the inside though.. a little more flush would be cool ;) add that to the to-do list haha I need to replace my tube gasket at the tank anyway

-
Back