May have just sold my Dart...

-

GSS340

Reaction score
...really! Well I had moved my swinger 340 over to another shop due to last guy f'ing me over for the past 3 years working on it or actually lack of working on it should I say. Well now the boss of this shop took a liking to my car; a 69 swinger 340 4spd disc brake car and has been hounding me to sell.

To tell the truth I have been rather burnt out on the car, don't get me wrong I really like it or what it will be but after these years and now finding out from this shop how the past shop did some its body work (they pointed out some really nasty work I hadn't noticed.) it really disappointed me. So, long story short the boss asked what I had to have out of it and I threw out a number that would more than cover my expenses and which I thought was a fair price as it sat. Well he asked what all I had and didn't have and looked at the parts I have restored myself and said SOLD. I should have the cash by end of this weekend. If all goes through I'll have a new set of small bolt pattern cragars with brand new radial t/a's for sale...didn't mention these in the deal. I still have my plymouth wagon too so not all is gone I guess.

I know someone is going to ask how much it went for...won't say exactly but it's in the low 5 digits.

Now see. This car, IN PIECES, selling for over $10K, and my runner selling for.....more than three times that......makes me think that the market isn't nearly as soft as people keep trying to convince everyone else it is.

Maybe it is for crappy cars, 4 doors (no offense anyone) and cars that wouldn't ordinarily bring good money except for when everything else is out of reach. But I don't think it's as soft as people people say.

And congrats on the sale

Now see. This car, IN PIECES, selling for over $10K, and my runner selling for.....more than three times that......makes me think that the market isn't nearly as soft as people keep trying to convince everyone else it is.

Maybe it is for crappy cars, 4 doors (no offense anyone) and cars that wouldn't ordinarily bring good money except for when everything else is out of reach. But I don't think it's as soft as people people say.

And congrats on the sale

I've been saying this all along. I think a lot of people WANT the market to correct more than it really has so they can fetch a dream car for 1990 prices.

Congrats on the sale. Sometimes its just better to move onto something else. And I agree about the car market. I think that a lot of the "speculation" has to do with the fact that so many people watch Meecum auctions on TV. All of a sudden there are people that know little to nothing about cars thinking that numbers matching, clone, frame off, rotisserie, and resto-mod ( I term I HATE) define a cars value.

Thanks guys. I am just happy that I'll be getting at least what I have put into it. It helps that the guy buying it has spent the cash to restore cars before and realizes what it costs and what goes into a nice car.

-
Back