Maybe the handiest shop light I've every owned

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tired of dragging cords around, replacing bulbs when the shop light gets dinged, trying the get the hook to just the right position, etc., etc.??? This is probably the handiest shop light I've ever owned. Powerful magnets in two locations, a clip, and a hook for mounting, bright LED, fully rechargeable, and small enough to fit into the tight spots. It sounds like I'm selling these things, but really, I'm just impressed. As I age, I find that I can use a lot more light to do my work, and this thing really has become my companion.
SLIM+ 1200

I agree that NEBO has some of the best flashlight designs I've ever used. Rugged, too. And no, I don't sell them.

A friend of mine showed me this flashlight a few months ago. I was also impressed.

This is my EDC. I have been through a few of them but now that I am on the office side of working I suspect it will last for a long time.... Streamlight is the brand the technicians have at work and they are tough as nails... I gave my dad one of these and now it's on him every day....

JW

5.11 pen light.jpg

I was so excited when my dealership became a retailer for Nebo. I made them place a $1,000 wholesale order just so I could get a few lights at cost. Love their stuff. I have the rechargeable penlights in each of my cars, and larger lights in my go-bags.

Us old blind guys are also getting clumsy, so a good bright light with strong magnets is a must. I lucked out with my last snap on light i bought,its robust. $50 is a reasonable price considering how much i have spent on junk lights in my lifetime. Will be looking into these next time.

Us old blind guys are also getting clumsy, so a good bright light with strong magnets is a must. I lucked out with my last snap on light i bought,its robust. $50 is a reasonable price considering how much i have spent on junk lights in my lifetime. Will be looking into these next time.

Snap-On makes a good light and the warranty coverage is (was?) second to none. But whenever I am helping in my buddy's shop I notice just how hot his light runs. Maybe that's just his?

I EDC a Streamlight and honestly, I noticed it was getting harder to see things.

Then I lost it for a few weeks, and I realized that my vision was getting weak because I used that light constantly. Once I lost it, my near vision got markedly better, and I only really need a light on rare occasions. I think having a bright-*** light isn't the best for my eyes, it seems to make 'em lazy. So I try to only use it when I need it. Since I quit using it all the time, I don't need to use it all the time.

After seeing how easy it is for a lithium-ion battery to go full-on smoke and fire mode, I have also sworn off having these batteries in the house except in my cell phone (where it's almost constantly monitored) and my work-related laptop which only comes home on rare occasions before trips. I have an MP3 player that uses Li-ion batteries as well, and when it's charging, I make sure it's on a non-flammable surface and I'm still nearby (stove top or in the kitchen sink, while I'm watching a movie in the next room with an open door.) When it dies, I'll move all that crap to my phone.

I think soon enough we'll be seeing lawsuits from cops claiming that the regular exposure to bright-*** LED's in the light bars have damaged their vision, and I think the spotlights that they like to BLIND you with when you're pulled over ought to be illegal. That's just too damned bright.

I'm now on my second NEBO Slim+1200. After a while, the battery just won't take a charge any more. However, it seems like this new one doesn't have the same battery capacity as the old one. It take only about an hour of use to need recharging. Disappointed.

-
Back