MC Cover Leaking

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
I put a remanufactured Master Cylinder on my 74 duster and it is leaking out from the gasket.

I've replaced the cover and the gasket but it continues to leak. Any thoughts?

I am assuming the casting is bad. I should've bought a new Raybestos. What was I thinking...!

You could try to smooth the imperfections out of the rim. There could be some pitting from the cast. I have an old turkey baster that I use for sucking the fluid out, if you have one or can get one suck the fluid out and pack some paper towels in the chambers to keep the dust out of the ports and clean up the mating surface and try it again.

Silly question, but how full are you keeping the reservoir? If you keep it full to the brim, it will expand when it gets heated and could just be pushing out. Also make sure you have enough tension on the bail spring.

I do not have it fillled to the top. It is about a quarter of an inch from the top. The bail spring appears to be tight as I have to use a screw driver to pull it onto the cap.

I probably just have a bad casting. If I had a mill I guess I could clean up the top of the master cylinder. I may ask a buddy to do that for me.

Thanks for all for the help! After redoing the enitre car I guess if a leaking MC lid is my biggest issue I guess that isn't to bad! (Glass Half Full!!!)

Thanks for all for the help! After redoing the enitre car I guess if a leaking MC lid is my biggest issue I guess that isn't to bad! (Glass Half Full!!!)
until it screws up the paint...

Thanks for all for the help! After redoing the enitre car I guess if a leaking MC lid is my biggest issue I guess that isn't to bad! (Glass Half Full!!!)[/QUOTE]

"Glass Half Full".......I like that.

And your right, if thats all you have to worry about your doing good !

-
Back