MCACN II Muscle Car Nationals In The Works!

-

Bashton

MCACN Managing Member
Reaction score
It is hard to believe that several months have passed since the inaugural Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show in Chicago.

First off, I would like to say THANKS to LeAnn, aka CudaChick1968 for helping us spread the word about our show and also kicking in some great prizes from her business for our inaugural show.

With that being said, we are off and running making plans for the 2010 edition of the MCACN show, which will take place November 20-21, 2010, and I want to start getting the word out.

We need help in spreading the word, as the show is very expensive to produce, and we need lots of spectators to make it work. We feel we have set the standard with a show that offers a great (and safe) location, excellent access, protection from the elements and much more. We are dedicated to what we all love, that being Muscle Cars, dealer-built Supercars and all things related to them. We feel we are unique in this aspect and will remain true to this theme, even more now then ever.

We have a fantastic Judging team, with many of the country's most respected experts in their fields for the various makes and models coming in from various states to be a part of our team. Our crew includes some great Mopar guys.

Here are some of the special displays we have in the works;

1970 Invitational Display; as we all know, '70 was a pinnacle year for the Muscle Car. We are looking for the "Top Dogs" from each manufacturer. My wish-list includes; a Hemi Superbird, LS6 Chevelle, Rebel Machine, Ram Air IV GTO or Firebird, an outstanding Challenger or Charger R/T, a CJ Cougar or Cyclone, an R-Code Ford, a Buick GSX and several others. If you own an outstanding example of one of these cars, or have a possible candidate, please let me know.

Shelby Snakepit II: With the incredible response we receieved with our first Shelby Snakepit display, we have decided to again host a gathering of Mr. Shelby's finest creations.

Motion Madness; Marty Schorr suggested we top what was done several years ago, and with his assistance and encouragement, I believe we can do it. If you own or know of any REAL Baldwin-Motions cars, please help us make some history.

Buick Stage 2 Special Display; we have confirmed this one! This special display will feature not just one, but TWO authentic, documented factory Buick Stage 2 cars along with a collection of related Stage 2 parts and memorabilia. These are the ONLY factory authorized Stage 2 cars ever built, and seeing them up close will indeed be a rare treat. This is a collection that may never again be shown under one roof. Many of you may have read the article featuring the stories of these cars and their development in a recent issue of Muscle Car Review.

Hemi Challenger display; many of you saw the amazing "El Hemi" Challenger which was shown by the Escalante family at our inuagural show. Well...the only thing better would be to have the El Hemi sitting beside yet another amazing Hemi Challenger; that would be the N94 that is currently under restoration.

Midget Racer display; Dr. Ken Kadziela will be hosting a very special display featuring a circle of vintage Midget Racers. This is certainly a differant kind of muscle that is a whole lot of fun and rarely seen. We want to keep things interesting, so this is one way to do it!

This is just the beginning of what we feel will again set the standard. As always, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to get a hold of me any time. [email protected] or call (586) 549-5291.

Of course, the Mr. Norm's Garage crew will be there with a huge display featuring new and vintage Mopars and lots of other cool stuff.

More to follow!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

We will be hitting the Chicagoland Mopars swap meet at Larry Roesch Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep on Sunday, February 14th to spread the word.

Stop by and see us and let us know what YOU would like to see at the show.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Awesome coverage in both Muscle Car Review and Musclecar Enthusiast in the March issues! :toothy10:

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bob, I'd like to get involved again this year ... but I wanna see PSC in the print media this time around. LOL!! Call me when you can, or I'll call you.

I am happy to announce our newest Sponsor, The Finer Details, will be joining us with some awesome Mopars.

Ken Mosier and his crew have been producing outstanding restorations for years and I am sure most of you already know of them. We are truly honored to have them as a big part of the show!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Just confirmed a gorgeous 440+6 Cuda Convertible for our "Class of 1970" Invitational display. This will look great with the Superbird and Hemi Challenger that will also be a part of the display.

Would LOVE to add a '70 Coronet R/T Convertible to the Conv. Circle! If you own one or know of a possible candidate, please let me know. [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Here's an update!

The Mopar response has been nothing short of amazing. We now have several Superbirds, the only Mr. Norms sold Daytona, a variety of Hemi and 440+ 6 cars, including several convertibles, some amazing E and B-bodies and some real surprises.

Ken Mosier and The Finer Details crew will be showing an incredible variety of cars including a freshly restored Superbird and a '68 Hemi Charger that is being finished up now, several other beautiful Hemi cars and some really rare Mopars, along with a '69 Trans Am.

We also have more than a dozen AMC's signed up.

The Chicagoland Mopar group will also be hosting an amazing display that just keeps getting better and better.

Our new 48 page Car Show Guide magazine is being finished up this week and will be available (for free) at the end of the month. If you would like one, just provide your mailing address and we will send it out, fresh off the presses. Send your address to [email protected]

As always, any questions, idea's or suggestions, let me know!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Happy to say our new Car Show Guide magazine if finally on the presses and will be avaialble this week.

If you would like a FREE copy, e-mail your mailing address to [email protected] OR you can pick one up at the Indian Uprising show in St. Charles, IL July 30/August 1, the Gibb Reunion in La Harpe, IL the weekend after or the Mopar Nats in the Auto Know and the Mr. Norms displays August 13-15.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

I'm so looking forward to the show. We'll be bringing the legendary "Dragon Snake" all the way out there from NYC

Nick, I'm so glad to hear that! PSC's helped sponsor it the last two years, and as far as I know you're the only one attending who's seen my work in person. LOL

Have a great time, travel safely, and thanks for helping keep Mopar history alive. :-D

I'm so looking forward to the show. We'll be bringing the legendary "Dragon Snake" all the way out there from NYC

This car alone is reason enough to come to the show!

Add in FOUR real-deal Hemi E-body convertibles to the mix, a special Hemi Challenger display, our Cars of Hurst gathering, featuring a freshly restored S/S Dart, the big Mr. Norms Garage display, along with Mr. Norm himself, and, well...you get the picture! And that is just a small sampling.

If you would like a FREE copy of our new Car Show Guide magazine, e-mail your address to [email protected]

Thanks!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Mopar participation and response is nothing short of outstanding. Hemi, 440+6, 440, 426, 413, 383, 340, 273...they are all in there, from a 1955 C300 all the way to the latest creations from Mr. Norms Garage and Bill Seftons fresh restored Hurst Hemi Dart.

If you are into Mopars, please don't miss the show November 20-21, it is going to be incredible!

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or idea's, please let me know; [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

-
Back