Mechanical engineer's apartment

-

HiPoVALIANT

Similar yes but no, not at all like your Grandma's
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Inside the apartment of a mechanical engineer.

Attachments

• Mechanical Engineer01.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 418
  • Mechanical Engineer14.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 385
  • Mechanical Engineer13.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 400
  • Mechanical Engineer11.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 368
  • Mechanical Engineer09.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Mechanical Engineer08.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Mechanical Engineer07.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Mechanical Engineer05.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 393
  • Mechanical Engineer03.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 479
  • Mechanical Engineer02.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 408
More.

Attachments

• Mechanical Engineer15.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Mechanical Engineer16.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 664
  • Mechanical Engineer17.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 388
Looks to be a little over the top, to me. It's cute, though. Imaginative, and even innovative. I doubt he's married, or has children, or even pets, for that matter.

Pretty cool!

Obviously he's connected with VW/Audi...

Now, why does he need a turbo charger on the toilet paper roll? Does he use it that fast??? I'm not implying that he's full of ****, but to have a turbo charger on your toilet paper roll dispenser.....

How much "boost" does it have.... LOL!

He can intercool it to make it dispanse faster....

Talk about a "waste gate"....

Pretty cool!

Obviously he's connected with VW/Audi...

Now, why does he need a turbo charger on the toilet paper roll? Does he use it that fast??? I'm not implying that he's full of ****, but to have a turbo charger on your toilet paper roll dispenser.....

How much "boost" does it have.... LOL!

He can intercool it to make it dispanse faster....

Talk about a "waste gate"....

I think he has a built in waste gate! I believe its a variable waste gate and can relieve a little of a lot of waste based off the amount induced the night prior

Looks to be a little over the top, to me. It's cute, though. Imaginative, and even innovative. I doubt he's married, or has children, or even pets, for that matter.

Agree, not kid friendly but still cool....I like the waffle maker...now to get one with a pentastar :D

Luck bastard ain't he!

lots of cool stuff!!!!!if he finds some female wanting to " nest", it will be interesting to see what happens!!??? LOL

I think the fridge is the only piece that struck me as something
artistic, clever and useful that wouldn't be in the way of normal daily life. Mine anyway. Although it is difficult to think of a car I dislike more than a VW right now. Sad thing is the fridge likely doesn't even work.
The stuff is interesting to look at in someone else's space though. Kind of like my moms unuseable living room with all the furniture that is not for sitting in. You have to appreciate a guys effort and the quality of his work.
I have always felt kind of sorry for VW enthusiasts. LOL
Figured they just don't know any better.

Wonder what his toilet is? Maybe it's a Chev 350 and you crap down the intake :D

I was most intrigued by this pic:

attachment.php

I have never seen a six cylinder configured in two close parallel rows of three like that before. I wonder how that configuration works? I'm guessing that it is not new and has been around for years and that I'm just not up to speed on the modern engine design. Am I the only one to whom that design is new to? LOL

attachment.php

I have never seen a six cylinder configured in two close parallel rows of three like that before. I wonder how that configuration works? I'm guessing that it is not new and has been around for years and that I'm just not up to speed on the modern engine design. Am I the only one to whom that design is new to? LOL

Nope I stopped and stared at that pic for awhile. Really interested me as well.

That's a VW "W6", that's around 10 years old.

The also had a V bock with a similar arrangement.

attachment.php

Here ya go.

I remember seeing these at the International Car Show in Atlanta about 10 or 12 years ago.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4vG67CPsI#t=12"]Volkswagen W8 engine - YouTube[/ame]

I like the turbo exploded view lamp. I would have taken it a step further and run everything through an acrylic dowel and do a complete exploded view of the impeller, turbine wheel, shaft, bearings, etc. It would be super easy to drill the acrylic dowel on a lathe to embed the small parts within, and use some casting/ fiberglass resin.

The rest of the stuff, I think is ok.

I built a transmission end table for a friend out of a W-58 toyota stick shift.

The takeaway on that table was the cutaway view of the gear sets, polished allen hardware, custom stainless shifter and lack of index springs and easy synchro cuts.

We put a clutch disc contacting a small electric motor and put LED lights inside it, so you could shift the trans through its gears and watch it operate. His idea was to use the speedo gear cable to operate something else to show speed, like a lamp shade or something, but we never got that far. We used a boomerang glass top and I made some aluminum pedistols for the trans to sit on and for the glass top to sit above.

The shifter arm swiveled around the top. It was fun to fidget with, while sitting on the couch. The key to that kind of stuff is to clean the parts up really nice. Get rid of casting blemishes and file parts, glass bead after cleanup and do some polishing in areas or powdercoating. We polished all of the areas where the cutaway on the trans housing was and aimed the LED lights at the gears so you could see them through the windowed areas, which made up most of the trans, except for where it was necessary or didn't make sense to cut out down low.

attachment.php

The block pictured is from a VR6. My '99 VW Jetta GLX was factory equipped with one. Don't know how many years this option was available. They are fast cars with lots of top end also for driving the Autobahn in Germany.

-
Back