mechnical temp gauge

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know... I got it from Summit and it was cheap enough. It only works when I wiggle it at the fitting where it goes into the block, ( 225 slant). It has the correct brass fitting.
I bought it last year and it sat on the shelf for ever before I installed it.

I guess where the wire goes into the part that reads the temp must be defective. I wiggle it at the gauge and has no effect.

I know, order another one and pay a few $$ more! No other remedy?

I know... I got it from Summit and it was cheap enough. It only works when I wiggle it at the fitting where it goes into the block, ( 225 slant). It has the correct brass fitting.
I bought it last year and it sat on the shelf for ever before I installed it.

I guess where the wire goes into the part that reads the temp must be defective. I wiggle it at the gauge and has no effect.

I know, order another one and pay a few $$ more! No other remedy?

Any pictures of where you wiggle it can help us try to answer your question.
can you provide the summit part number so we can look at the spec sheet.
Thanks

Any pictures of where you wiggle it can help us try to answer your question.
can you provide the summit part number so we can look at the spec sheet.
Thanks
Don't worry bout it, NO I do not have their part #, camera batteries are dead, and I just wiggled the wire where it does to the part that goes into the block.

Don't worry bout it, NO I do not have their part #, camera batteries are dead, and I just wiggled the wire where it does to the part that goes into the block.

I am on my second mech. temp. gauge, both cheap ones that have failed. I can read my engine temps on the fast 2.0 f.inj. hand held, but am going to buy a better mech. gauge anyway. Like to double check stuff. shopping !

don't use teflon tape..some need the ground at the block and can cause problem. I use a dab of high temp sealer (the white stuff in the little tube) for mechanical or electric.

-
Back