Medical marijuana

-
..if you can't test for it you can't regulate it and you probably can't anyway.
..if it helps people who are ill i suppose it's a good thing
..why do so many people need chemicals to feel good?
..alcohol and drugs take away your ambition.

My wife is a medical marijuana doctor. I think it should be legalized. But I also think people abuse the medical aspect.

it has been legal here in CO springs for a couple of years now. the only reason i know it is even here is because it makes the local news. doesnt make a rats *** difference to me, its their business. if they want to smoke, they are going to get it one way or another. more power to them. there is very little negativity towards it here. the only reason shops are getting shut down is because they are within 1000 yards of a school, so they are just moving to new locations. it is still against federal law.

people who only smoke pot arent robbing or killing, if anything they might be a lil lazy and or slow...but no harm.

If people want to smoke...let'em...i mean, the tabaco industry is paying the fed to keep pot illegal im sure, but which is really more harmful=chemical saturated tabaco products....i guess if the cartel could pay the same amount that rj rynolds does....maybe more would make it across...

by the way, another point....they keep closing dispenserys but yet tons of it still gets through the border....gee...u dont it's cause one grower pays better than the the other, do u? lol

the weed here is better too, its not packed in dish soap,gassoline, or whatever else they hide it in....so not only r the feds getting kick backs/bribes...they r knowingly allowing hazardous smoke to make it to americans.

people who only smoke pot arent robbing or killing, if anything they might be a lil lazy and or slow...but no harm.

If people want to smoke...let'em...i mean, the tabaco industry is paying the fed to keep pot illegal im sure, but which is really more harmful=chemical saturated tabaco products

i agree, it should be the chemical infested coffin nails that should illegal. at least the weed is natural

Yep that is a big problem.

What is needed is a skill test to see who's fit to drive but then you have the daily drunks who blow a .10 and would pass the skill test and some sober folks who flunk

How about the cops pull out a card with jokes written on them. The jokes are rated from lame to hilarious with a corresponding rating of "highness". The reaction of the suspect is noted after each joke is read. If the suspect laughs at the lame, stupid, joke then it is obvious he or she is too baked to drive and, if he or she doesn't laugh at any of them, then they are too "mellow" to drive since their reactions are also too mellow.

Now what would the pot scale be? Here's a suggestion open for rearrangement, addition or subtraction.
Mellow
Buzzed
High
Baked
Sh*t-faced

If good tasting, safe alcohol is so easy to make how come you don't need to prove your 21 to buy grapes, grain, etc but you do need to show your ID and only can buy one pack of Pseudoephedrine--the stuff you can make Meth out of ?

If the governments could make loads of money off weed, it be legal today. Everything you can buy--tobacco, alcohol, gasoline, its all but impossible to make it yourself cheaper to avoid paying taxes on it.

Another problem, can just take a small amount to get lots of people high. Hash Oil is very strong, 1 to 3 drops on a cig can get you buzzed. You make hash from weed and then squeeze out the oil. You can walk around with an OZ of hash oil unnoticed, to get the same amount people buzzed off alcohol you would need a a few shopping carts full of whiskey.

So weed is too hard to control, regulate

But who knows what will happen, again I'm surprised medical weed even happen. Now if most the states would approve and not just a 1/3 but its a start.

nobody ever came home and beat the hell out of thier old lady cause they smoked a joint.can't say that about booze.......

I'd be pain and anxiety free right now if it was legal. Another point, how many guys have you seen that are higher than **** wanna get in your face and fight or blackout and do something that you normally wouldn't do. I have always kept the same personality whether chiefed up or sober but I will say that my grocery bill would go up and I'd prolly hydrate a little better than I do now! LOL

with as many lives that drunk driving has taken and with as many lives as alcohol induced domestic violence lives have been affected or taken, it is just beyond me how alcohol can still be legal and weed is not. alcohol related deaths are off the charts every year and there is nothing between hitting the liquor store , slamming a 5th , and jumping behind the wheel or going home and kicking the wifes ***, other than morals, which so many people have the the lack of, especially when they are 3 sheets to the wind. comparing alcohol to weed is apples to oranges IMO. if i had to get T boned by someone , i would rather it be by someone all bonged out going 10mph in slow motion than by someone who has no idea they are even behind the wheel.

I agree 100 percent. Plus most people that do smoke, are moderate and only smoke til they are high unlike SOME drinkers drinkers that get drunk and continue to drink which is usually the case with most alcohol related crimes

+2 I agree 100% you guys hit the nail on the head. After watching my friends become "college alcoholics" over the past couple years I am appalled that alcohol is the only major legal intoxicant in the U.S.

Obviously the people worried about testing people while driving, have never been high before. Smoking doesn't affect motor skills like drinking does. And the times in my life that I got majorly stoned. I was so paranoid while driving, that I drove better and paid attention to everything in detail... And that is not one of those things, like with alcohol, where I just thought I was driving better. I've never been so stoned, I didn't know where I was and was swerving all over the road. And in my younger years, we could sit around and burn an ounce of good stuff in a day. That's to the point, you can't get any higher, and you can still drive fine.

But I also think people abuse the medical aspect.

Bingo,

Here's how I feel about it.

I dont doubt that it help people with certain medical conditions, or people going through chemo or whatever.

But I do not believe that there are so many sick people who actually benifit from medical marajuara that they can support the number of pot shops that have sprung up all over the place.
I live in a small town of about 1500 people, when they first passed the medical pot law we suddedly had 7 medical pot dispensarys in our town. Are you freakin kidding me ?

Nearby Boulder colorado now has 87 medical pot dispensarys. You cant tell me that there are that many people with a ligitamate need for medial pot.

There have been investigative news reports that show that in the Denver metro area, most of the medical pot "prescriptions" are handed out by as handful of "doctors".
Just go to a dispensary, and they will tell you which doctor to go to for your green card.
Seems you can get your card for just about any ailment.

And the people I've seen going in and out of the local shops look like old hippie types who would be smoking whether they had a medical card or not.

It's my opinion that if it has a legitimate mediacal use, it should be prescribed by real doctors, manufactured in a facility that can standardize doseages, and sold at real pharmacys, not dispensarys.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that"

Here's some food for thought. Death rankings of drugs and alcohol:
1. Alcohol
2. Pharmaceutical Drugs(Pain, anti depressants....)
3. Cigarettes
4. Heroine
5. Crack/Cocaine
Marijuana= 0 documented deaths in the history of it

Anybody see the problem with this list?

Here's some food for thought. Death rankings of drugs and alcohol:
1. Alcohol
2. Pharmaceutical Drugs(Pain, anti depressants....)
3. Cigarettes
4. Heroine
5. Crack/Cocaine
Marijuana= 0 documented deaths in the history of it

Anybody see the problem with this list?

Number of hours wasted doing nothing by stoner's after smoking a bowl
850,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and counting

The risks of marijuana can be very high.

One time I smoked weed and ate an entire bag of Funyuns. I don't even like Funyuns!

It ruined my life!

alcohol deaths per year

drinking and driving causes over 25,ooo deaths a year. overall 100,000 deaths occur each year due to the effects of alcohol.Correction: According to the NHTSA web site (nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2006/810686.pdf), there were 43,443 alcohol related traffic fatalities in 2005 in the USA. As a comparison, AIDS claimed 18,000 lives in 2003.

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report,
100,000 deaths. That's more than a statistic. That is 100,000 individuals with faces. 100,000 individuals with lives not fully lived. 100,000 individuals grieved by mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children. Every year.

Number of hours wasted doing nothing by stoner's after smoking a bowl
850,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and counting

LOL, true to an extent. But it really depends on the person. I have a friend who has done it for years. He is an accountant, makes nearly six figures and is a wiz when it comes to numbers. My buddy who is a mechanic has done it all his life. Throw a Mopar, import, new or old car in front of him, he can fix it. And his business is very successful. I finished high school and went through college while I smoked, never had a problem. Now, here's the thing. None of the people talked about above, including myself, were daily smokers or potheads... I think if you are a lazy person to begin with, it's best to stay away. And as long as you don't smoke daily, it doesn't affect your life...

I'm a Doritos fan myself. :) something about that cheese.

i remember when i was still in school i got baked and i wanted cereal. i made a bowl of every cereal we had and brought it all to my room at the same time and took a bite out of each one consecutively. LOL. oh man, the good ol' days. LOL

-
Back