Medication side effects

-
Have attempted to take several meds for my mental health troubles. Lot of folks think pills always help us bi-polar folks...they don't. A cocktail is needed. Mood stabilizers and anti-depressants. I had funky reactions to the mood stabilizers. When taking just anti-depressants by themselves they triggered constant mania.
Sleeping aides...over the counter stuff has 0 effect. Many of the prescription ones didn't work either. If they did they would often only work for a couple nights...then nothing. Pretty constant for them was feeling drugged the next day. Even tried a Micky Finn...no help. Valium did help...but had some WILD hallucinations. Really out there. Scary stuff.
Wife is allergic to opioids. Often will have projectile puking. Has tried many of the infusion type of arthritis meds. Minimal mixed results for a few months...then they would stop working. Last one she was on, Remicade....damn near put her in the hospital. Ernie said child birth felt like a mild headache compared to the pain she had from it. Was on it for about 10 months prior to it happening. She was taking Tamoxifen after she had breast cancer. BAD HOT FLASHES...several times she would get out of the shower, wrap herself in a towel and go stand outside...in January...keep in mind we live in Eastern Washington.
Prior to being put on Oxycontin & Oxycodone I was taking Vicodin. Was taking twice the prescribed amount...which meant I was getting twice the suggested maximum of acetaminophen....had zero pain relief...
Apologies for rambling

MethylIPREDNLsolone -- Due to problem with Bee Sting Allergy - Anaphlaxis. -- Severe itching & Heavy in the arms & shoulders.

-
Back