Meet Natalie

-
i have been worried for a while now as to how much rust is living under the tattered remains of the vynil top so today i decided to see, it wasnt near as bad as i thought it would be.......the worst part was the lower right corner of the back window which even at that was not rusted through.

Attachments

• CIMG0460.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 406
  • CIMG0461.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 396
  • CIMG0464.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 400
  • CIMG0465.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 398
  • CIMG0466.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 397
i got it started today for the first time of having this engine in this car .......it took hours to chase down some wiring problems.:coffee::coffee: but that much closer to the road now.

Natalie has a sister now, not sure what Rani is going to name the white one or what she will do with it, but its home and awaiting fun times. The 68 is a slant six car but it runs awesome, lots of power.

Attachments

• CIMG0508.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 332
  • CIMG0485.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 330
well i finally got enough done on the car that Natalie drove out of the garage sunday on her own power for the first time.....so its now yard worthy.....still needs more work to get it road worthy, but at least now i can move it in and out of the garage without pushing.:toothy8:

so now im trying to get this project warm again.......it went cold earlier this summer bcoz the original point of this car was to become a daily driver........however a set-back came when i realized that all the brakelines need replacing.....not usual for cars around here but this one did not spend its whole life in Colorado.......it spent some time in Seymour, Indiana which is where it picked up a few rust problems.

the main reason the project went cold is bcoz i aquired a 68 dart in june and its already running with no issues so after the 68 assumed Daily driver duties....Natalie found a quiet resting spot next to the barn.....
really the brake lines are no exuse for going cold bcoz how much are they and how hard are they to install....really

now since i dont need a driver anymore im bringing it back in the shop ......out comes the six ...not building a DD anymore and a 383 is going in.......i am not a fan of schumacher mounts and im finding it too expensive to track down and ship spool mount K-frames to convert to DC frames.......

i am going to attempt with this car to fabricate a Big block K-frame by using a slant six frame..

the 383 is not functional yet so basically this weekend ....the car is coming in ......the six comes out.... then the measuring and mock up happens for the new K-frame now labeled "project A256B"

yur not going to attempt to make a big block k frame out of a six cylinder k frame...yur just gonna do it...have a Lil' faith...I do :p
so now im trying to get this project warm again.......it went cold earlier this summer bcoz the original point of this car was to become a daily driver........however a set-back came when i realized that all the brakelines need replacing.....not usual for cars around here but this one did not spend its whole life in Colorado.......it spent some time in Seymour, Indiana which is where it picked up a few rust problems.

the main reason the project went cold is bcoz i aquired a 68 dart in june and its already running with no issues so after the 68 assumed Daily driver duties....Natalie found a quiet resting spot next to the barn.....
really the brake lines are no exuse for going cold bcoz how much are they and how hard are they to install....really

now since i dont need a driver anymore im bringing it back in the shop ......out comes the six ...not building a DD anymore and a 383 is going in.......i am not a fan of schumacher mounts and im finding it too expensive to track down and ship spool mount K-frames to convert to DC frames.......

i am going to attempt with this car to fabricate a Big block K-frame by using a slant six frame..

the 383 is not functional yet so basically this weekend ....the car is coming in ......the six comes out.... then the measuring and mock up happens for the new K-frame now labeled "project A256B"

Nice find!! Whatcha going to do with that 6?

have not thought that far ahead yet, but i have a lot of cars around here so it might be saved for another project or whatever .....but here we definately dont throw away good slantys that run......

its part of my "no old mopar left behind" program LOL

Just found this thread. Looks like a fun project. Keep it going.

I'm really starting to get an appreciation for you Rani.

I love a girl/woman who's confident and machanically inclined (but still a girl).

My wife was a finish carpenter before we met, and brought a compound, sliding battery powered mitre saw, and an air compressor into the marriage (hell, yeah!).

Her dream car is a red 65 4 speed Barracuda (which I'm looking for).

You ROCK.

:supz::burnout::supz:

Great job on the column piece, I ground the tab off of mine but that was it, this winter I have a project to do now and I will use this thread to help me with that :glasses7:

Thanks Rani!

-
Back