MegaSquirt 3 users I need your help.

-

onig

I love driving my BBD
Reaction score
Just finished building the MS3 V3.0 with the Xpansion board.
I have my JimStim hooked up and am trying to get the RPM gauge in TunerStudio to work.
I have followed the instruction on the DIYAutotune website for the Gen 3 Hemi.
https://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_new_hemi.htm

I put the DIP switches #3 and 5 to ON
Turned R52 up to 15 turns CW while turning very slowly...No response on the TunerStudio gauge.
Turned R11 up to 7 turns CW while turning very slowly...No response.

Put the DIP switches #3, 5, 6, 7 to ON.
Turned R52 up to 15 turns CW...No response.
Turned R11 up to 7 turns CW...No response.
Turned R56 up to 7 turns CW... No response.
Here are my settings for ignition.
ca0137a1-b48c-48e7-907e-f5fc87281989.jpg

I also have a thread (http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=58009) going on MS support forum, but usually only one or two guys only respond so I thought I would try here as well.

Also what type of sensors are used for the crank and cam, are they VR or Hall effect sensors?

Thanks

The recommended trim pot settings worked fine for my project. I don't know anything about DIP switches. You're in the right place asking for help on msextra.

Matt Cramer (helping you on the other forum) is THE guy to help you on this. He has helped me in the past (part of the reason I bought from him and recommend buying from him if you're going straight megasquirt and not EFI source). Just keep working with him.

57171674-461E-4C0F-97E1-102D1D9EC74C_zpst7sjgiqf.jpg

I have one setting different than you. Number of coils: coil on plug.

The DIPs are on the JimStim simulator. It is used to test the MS3 board.
This is the stage that I am at now. I don't have an engine to test it on as of yet. But want to make sure that the board is working properly before installing it.
And thanks for the sensor type.

-
Back