Melted shift cable!

-

Jmac81d

Reaction score
Hi guys, shift cable melted on my 340 Duster and I am about to replace it.
I have a B&M shifter and just cannot find a way to avoid the header tubes when routing the cable to pull from the front. Looking for suggestions
Thanks, Jack

mine come out the front on the pass side and runs under the bellhousing. I have a line clamp holding it to an inspection cover bolt. Then it routes up to the shift lever.....I wish I had a pic to show you but I think I explained it clearly.

I made a little "L" bracket that mounts to the bolt hole on the block where the tranny brace use to mount - that holds it away from the header tube at that location and another one that affixes to the bottom starter bolt to keep it away from the header tubes. there not fancy but they work after I melted the first cable.

Hey Duster 318, I like the way your cable is mounted. Did you go through the firewall or the transmission tunnel? Did you use the 5' cable that came with the shifter??
Thanks for the help...

I used the cable that came with my Mega Shifter.......and I cut a notch on the trans tunnel and ran the cable through there......then I cut a piece of aluminum to cover over the rest of the hole in the trans tunnel. and sealed it up with Silicon.....then the carpet covers it all up.

-
Back