Melting Tip

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK, so I have looked off and on this afternoon for some melting tips to use with propane.

Does anyone know where I can find them that aren't 40 bucks apiece? :banghead:

gotcha

I would contact lake welding or something similar
but then again, they might not be competitive

I'm gonna hit Airgas when I have an opportunity. It would just be easier to order and have them shipped, as I'm away all week as a rule.

When I used them back in the "day" we called them rosebuds!!

treblig

Yup, familiar with those, typically used with oxy/acetylene.

I worked for a electric motor shop back in the 80s. But they used clean out these large injection devices. The devices had 15 or 20 3 inch tubes bundled together into a long cylinder. These bundled tubes would get clogged with the plastic (or whatever they were injecting) and we would have to get 4 people each holding a huge oxy/aclety "rosebud". Now I live in S. Texas and it's normally 99-100 degrees in the summer...we would hold 4 rosebuds against this long (6 foot long, bundled cylinder) device for an hour or so and melt all the residue out of it. Needless to say, by the time we were done we were soaked in sweat from head to toe. It was hot, I mean really hot...but it was fun!!!

treblig

Needless to say, by the time we were done we were soaked in sweat from head to toe. It was hot, I mean really hot...but it was fun!!!

treblig

Like I told ya the one day, you can keep the heat, lol. Whew, 80* is hot to me.

-
Back