Member Custom (vanity) plates?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Ok, I did the search and there has not been a thread of member vainty plates that I could find. I am bored mindless and looking for something interesting, fully realizing there may be a lot of reasons members would not like to share photos of their own plates I am wondering if it is just too sensitive an issue or we could get someting going with over 35,000 members. That being said, I will offer that I have one on my work truck. If it is not against the rules with the mods and folks like the idea, maybe we could get a thread going. Thoughts all?????
Cheers, DR-----:burnout:

I would like one on my car, I just wish the state would use 8 characters.

So far I have ran BADSPRT and BDSPORT. Both are available. I'm leaning toward the first one.

When I served as a Firefighter for my township, my plate was HTFD 10 on my truck.

I just checked again and someone got the second choice.

When I bought my car it had a vanity plate on it. Only problem was, it belonged to the previous owner. Here in MN, once you have a vanity plate its yours for life. Unless you sign it over to the new owner. Well sadly he passed away shortly after I bought the car so now I have the plates hanging as garage art.

I never thought of that, RANIDRT would be cool

only problem is that vanity plates in Co re-new every year. I started going with the ugly "collector car" plate only because its wayyyyyyy cheaper.

$120. a year for the annual plate as opposed to around $350. for the 5 year collector plate.

Many years ago when I was a recruiter in the Air Force I had a lifted 92 Silverado. I had vanity plates AIMHIGH.

Had a number of people ask - does your plate say "I am high?" or "Am I high?" Funny stuff.

Now I have it displayed with a recruiting poster. The poster is a young boy and his sister, along with their dog looking into the office of an Air Force recruiter. The boy is holding a model jet in his hand. Very cool.

Thanks guys, looks like a possibility. I will take a photo of mine and post it to this thread. I do not have one on my Comet or Barracuda, they have "Year of Manufacture" Washington plates. The Comet has a 1965 plate, licensed to the car for life, one time fee and no more annual fees. I also have the 1967 plate for the Barracuda. This way I don't need a front plate and the Comet had "Class of 65" the year of my graduation and my Barracuda will have "Class of 67" the year of my wife's graduation. Just a little fun thing. Lets see some of Yall's custom plates!
Cheers---DR---:coffee2:

Look to the left and you will see my plate.

I have had that plate on "Ole Blue" since Illinois came out with Vanity plates in the early 80's.

We moved to Arkansas in 2008.

I now have an Arkansas antique plate on the rear and my old Illinois "Dart67" on the front.

Arkansas only has a rear plate and you can use what you want for a front plate. All of the local and state police officer that I have talked to tell me it is no problem as long as the rear plate is up to date and legal.

Herb

I have had the same plate on my Ranger for the last 20 years, 92 RED I. When I got the truck, I had a really bad eye infection, and my right eye was blood red. I actually had a cop pull me over for a different reason (license plate lights were out) and then ask me if my plate was a drug reference. Like I would tell him if it was!

Here's the plate from my truck and my first plate for my car. I have since gone to a "vintage" plate.

Attachments

• AimHigh.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 230
  • fyssh.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 254
I have had the same plate on my Ranger for the last 20 years, 92 RED I. When I got the truck, I had a really bad eye infection, and my right eye was blood red. I actually had a cop pull me over for a different reason (license plate lights were out) and then ask me if my plate was a drug reference. Like I would tell him if it was!

LOL, yeah, he should know better!!

My plate is DUSTDEVL. After the whirlwind with eyes that should be on the back end of the car.

Steve

View attachment a3.jpg

everybody on the roads sees and has access to my plate every time i leave the yard or they drive by the house ( which don't happen much because i live on a dead end road that's off two non traveled roads) so its pretty much public info lol

Ran this on my LeBaron in the past. Got tired of paying the extra 35 or 40 dollars
a year.

Of course the GTC comes from the LeBaron GTC and the VNT comes from
the VNT Turbo setup on the car. "Variable Nozzle Turbo" or
"Variable Nozzle Turbine"

Attachments

• 12a (Medium).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 216
  • lift072 (Medium).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 191
1420%20c_zps5zl3symb.jpg
Plate%20Crop_zpsjmldyqbv.png

I had a '70 Challenger that was Sublime Green. My plate was SUBLIME. Sure enough, only Mopar guys got it. PA had a plate redesign so I ended up with two different plates that had SUBLIME. They're wall art now.
The Wife's '12 Jeep Wrangler has O 2 B MUDY.

When I bought my car it had a vanity plate on it. Only problem was, it belonged to the previous owner. Here in MN, once you have a vanity plate its yours for life. Unless you sign it over to the new owner. Well sadly he passed away shortly after I bought the car so now I have the plates hanging as garage art.

I also am in Minnesota and the previous owner was glad to sign over 340DEMN to me.

Accurate description of both myself and my charcoal gray '73 D100 back in '96.
OLDNGRA%20License%20Plate_zps6v818zjd.jpg

-
Back