Memorial Day will be 365 days

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Yep, Memorial Day will make 365 days since I left home. Had a flight scheduled for 2-6 June but of course with the way my luck works we found out last night that our flight was cancelld indefinitely. Looks like right now it could be late July before I make it home. Oh well so much for not missing 2 consecutive birthdays for my daughter. Lost all hope and motivation over here especially since we have nothing to do. I sleep from 8-9 a.m. get up around 7 p.m. and go to the coffee shop where the wireless internet is, then around 4 a.m. I go to the gym then shower and breakfast and back to sleep by 9 a.m. That has been my routine for the past 23 days while I have been in Kuwait.

I don't know what to say Corey. Looks like maybe the only way to handle this now is to have NO expectations and then you will not be disappointed. If there is anything we can do, please just ask. Thank God you have the internet. Let's all pray for Corey's return. Thank you for being there and for all you're giving up.

That BLOWS!
We can't even get you guys back home on time when your tour is over?
SOMBODY SUCKS BIGTIME.

Well some more info has been released and some stuff will likely happen in the next week that will cause someone to lose their job, and cause someones yearly budget to take a huge hit. Lets just say that echelons way above my level will be involved now. To include the Sec Def.

Feel your pain. Any chance getting paid for a PCS for over 365 days? Any chance for a follow-on base/post when you go home? Definately get credit for a short tour, and remote too. Let us know if we can send anything to you. Hopefully, someone higher up will get involved and send you out on 1st thing headed East! When I left, I took a hop to McQuire AFB NJ, then commercial back to England, just to get out of ther 9 days early.

(Was over there with 6 others, pulling tanks out of Desert into 5 tank farms after it was over.)

Nope no extra pays for over 365. They are calling the first 6 months a deployment and the last a mission so they are screwing us out of the extra $1000 a month we are owed.

Sorry to hear this Corey. You and your brothers and sisters over there and around the world ARE the reason why we can have a Day dedicated to all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. There is too many who only look at this weekend as a weekend to have cookouts, parties, etc..... You are the example of our brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces. The greatest defenders of freedom in the world! Hopefully we will soon have you back home where you belong.

Government at it best !!! Hurry up and wait !
It will happen when you kind of let it go...
Hoping it happens soon !!!
Martin

-
Back