Mercedes Diesel in a 74 Dart!

-

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Now THERE'S something you don't see everyday!

http://staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/4489455392.html

For Sale 1974 Dodge dart, nice car. Clean, minor repairs needed. Mercedes diesel 1982 240d motor and transmission. Starts right up and runs and drives. needs exhaust bought from original owner. Got lots of orig paperwork. Cool ride.... 3000.00 obo. Call show contact info Clean Florida title. might consider trades.... No checks, no wire transfers, No money orders. If its not American currency or a trade don't call. 83,000 miles on motor and tranny. 73,000 on the body. Thank you.... Looking for a 1995-1997 Ford f250 diesel ext a cab.

dartdiesel.jpg

dartdiesel1.jpg

Looks like a clean install. A friend of mine was looking at putting one of these in a Gen I Dakota and said it was going to be a really tight fit so he passed on it. Said the length of the motor was what scared him.

For a while I was a mechanic at a Mercedes service dealer. Alot of what you worked on was somewhat difficult to work on...all the way to very difficult. According to the parts department the MB parts costs made the original purchase look cheap...kinda like airplanes....the cheap part is the original purchase ( even tho most of us gulp at the sticker price).
For that reason, I would not buy this particular Dart.
Nothing wrong with a Mopar /6 or 318 2bbl.

Wierd or different is rarely better than traditional and ordinary.

-
Back