Merry Christmas Charlie Brown

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
"I got a rock"

I feel like charlie brown. Every time I get into one of these secret santa gift exhanges, like the one going on over at that "other mopar site" I end up spending a decent amount of money, and buying something really cool, thats related to my secret gift person.

Then I get my gift, and its totally lame and unrelated to what I specified as my likes and dislikes. And looks like something that my "santa" just had lying around and they thought this would be a good way to get rid of it.

People do sometimes get good gifts from this type of exchange, it just never seems to be ME.

Think I'll change my username to Charlie Brown

Sorry for your bad luck. I was wondering how many people get something they like or can use from it. I guess its the thought that counts. Merry Christmas Charlie Brown !

I like everything I get cause I usually buy it for myself just before christmas. Just last week I turned in a pile of Holiday Inn gift points and got a high pressure washer and electric leaf blower for free and then the wife informed me that they were my christmas presents. At least I got something I wanted. :evil2:

Hey Terry, what are your plans for that leaf blower? Are you actually going to use it for it's intended purpose, or are you maybe thinkin' of hooking it to the carb on the Demon? :)

Sorry to here that santa was not good to ya Sid.
If I was charlie brown and got a rock from a house on halloween,
They would have got it back by air mail threw there window. :rambo:
And if I was to give you a rock for xmas it would have been an arrow head
I have found here in Arkansa to show the kid's. :headbang:

No Sid it's not for the Demon. I actually need it to blow the leaves and crap off my trailer down on the lake, mind you this puppy really puts out. :evil2:

demon seed said:
Yea but I'd need a helluva long electric cord.

Naaa just a small gen in the back seat :hockey:

memike said:
Naaa just a small gen in the back seat :hockey:

Yea and if anybody asks what the generator is for I'll say it's to start the big lunger under the hood. Yea Yea that's right. :headbang:

Merry Christmas;
Happy New Year.

Don't feel bad, at my work they give a "Gift"
for 25 years of "Service".

For a few years, the gift was a $25. gift certificate for a local
grocery store, :headbang:
till some aho-ole whined, they did not like that store.

It was my turn, and a coworker friends turn, a few years ago,
and we got a Rock paperweight. :scratch:

WTF, what do we need a rock paperweight for,
we drive front end loaders, dump trucks, etc......

Nice freaking gift, a Rock;
mine is still wrapped up. :angry4:

As far as the "Secret Santa" crap, I just avoid it.

Aaaaah Christmas, it's amazing the amount of stress, conflict, and money it takes to make for a merry day. :lol:

How would you like to have your BIRTHDAY on Christmas Day.

Last year I wanted a new set of custom mats for my 300C hemi, so my kids jokingly wrapped up the front set and gave it to me for Christmas and then did the back set and gave them to me for my birthday!

(Usually I don't get screwed though, as they always do one gag joke like that every year)

You're right about Secret Santa gifts though. A lot of people just don't get it.

-
Back