Met Herb McCandless Today - Not Abody, but

-
Herb is a great person to speak with. He's just a good guy.

I like that he's not shy about answering a question. Unlike some others in the mopar world where they act like it's top secret, high classification level information.

Always nice to hear that some of th "Legends" are really good folks. On July 13th of this year we went to Don Garlits in Ocala, FL. They gave my 11 YO daughter a 2-side sheet of paper with 'scavenger' hunt things to find. She found everything and double checked it. The staff was impressed, she got it right and they gave her some stickers and a poster. She was really happy and I thought that it was very cool that they did that for her

So cool, would love to visit there some time.

Herb and his Son have beuilt acouple SWEEET early muscle mopars with modern drivelines. we are about 10 miles from his place and see him parts running in his 63 ?wagon all the time

How great is that? So you must not be terribly far from me either. Ever come to cruise-ins in the Raleigh area?

Herb is a great person to speak with. He's just a good guy.

I like that he's not shy about answering a question. Unlike some others in the mopar world where they act like it's top secret, high classification level information.

Yep, he would have talked all afternoon, but I reminded him his wife had order there food and it was probably getting cold. He laughed and said he had eaten cold food before. Just a super enjoyable experience for me.

As mentioned by others, he's a really nice guy, easy to talk to and will share advice/secrets with you. I talked with him for a while at the Big Easy Mopar show earlier this year, and as a celebrity at the show, he chose my Demon as his favorite at the show. Couple of pictures:

048.jpg

009-1.jpg

And my car also won 1st in class.

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

042.jpg
What a great honor that must have been for you and some great pics too. Congrats!

Spike we normally have something around here. between that and 2 kids its like pulling teeth to get to burlington for the cruises we are always looking for a new spot to run and see maybe we will check out Ralieghwood soon

-
Back