Metal detectors

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey gang anyone on here know anything about metal detectors....which ones are good, bad, junk, easy to use that sort of thing. The wife and I were thinking about buying one.

I know that they are SUPPOSED to detect metal....

After i get through with the big purchases for my project car i am going to purchase one as well. Ive done a lot of research and have used several models in the past. Im going to get a garrett gtp-1350. This detector has outstanding depth and discrimination for the price range. I could get a cheaper bounter hunter or something comparable but i cant deal with knowing the garrett will go several inches deeper, and in most cases deeper=older rings, coins, and relics..just my 2cents, good luck.

The GTP1350 is one that we were looking at, the other was a Garrett AT Pro. We also looked at some made by Whites but im not to sure about them. For the money the Garrett seems to be the better of them.

After i get through with the big purchases for my project car i am going to purchase one as well. Ive done a lot of research and have used several models in the past. Im going to get a garrett gtp-1350. This detector has outstanding depth and discrimination for the price range. I could get a cheaper bounter hunter or something comparable but i cant deal with knowing the garrett will go several inches deeper, and in most cases deeper=older rings, coins, and relics..just my 2cents, good luck.

White's used to be "the bomb".

One of my friends has a hard core metal detecting club in Ohio, and he used to swear by them.

His club regularly takes group field (literally) trips to other states and also gets permission to detect historic sites and other places where folks usually aren't allowed.

Garretts,Whites are two of the best choices. Fishers has a new Gold bug 2 if your into nugget hunting. Years back Whites had a 6000DI/Pro SL. It was the one to have. It had automatic groung balancing. Peolpe were upset when they DQed them.They can be found on Ebay. I just picked one NOS on Bay for $500 and change.
Go to kellycodetectors.com
Their site will give you brain over load. There good people and will answer all your questions

Hey thanks for the info I will check outthe web site too. Thanks again

-
Back